Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

1 hour ago, Aristis said:

Germany is without a doubt far too low - even your high end might be the *worst-worst* case low end. That would be 3,3-4,4M admissions (in the case that the ATP might fall from where it is now) and an atrocious multipler. It won't gross lower than between $60-85M.

I think if word of mouth is very good, it even has a chance of reaching $100 million (around 7 million admission) here in Germany due to the high ticket prices.

Edited by MrHardapple

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

@Brainbug it's happening?

Too early to tell as christmas legs are ofc of paramount importance here, but the start is very solid. 16M Euro OW estimate right now with nearly 1,2M admissions (Thur - Sun).

Right now, id say 65 - 80M (dollar) is the likely range for Germany if legs are good. If WOM catches on though, 100M isnt impossible, though what really matters for that are the 2nd and 3rd weekend holds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Current ATWOW OS Market Predictions (USD)

China: 120 - 165

SK: 85 - 100 

UK: 75 - 90

France: 60 - 75

India: 55 - 70 

Mexico: 55 - 65

Germany: 45 - 60

Australia: 40 - 55

Brazil: 40 - 55

Japan: 35 - 50

Italy: 25 - 35

Spain: 25 - 35

Other: 425 - 550 

Total: 1085 - 1405

I think you should lower Japan and up Europe as a whole. SK could play for that much with some luck but situation is really foggy atm due to weird trend.

54 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

I think if word of mouth is very good, it even has a chance of reaching $100 million (around 7 million admission) here in Germany due to the high ticket prices.

That is my hope too. I guess it should play a lot like the Hobbit movies in Germany and therefore can get there. But then again: we just don't know yet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nero said:

HK also suffering through covid?

Tho cases are rising rn HK already opened up and went through the big covid wave earlier this year (and never followed the exact  same policies as China Covid wise) . And you can see the difference in Avatar 2 OW performance. Its underperforming i think but nowhere to the degree the Chinese market is which makes it even more obvious that it is Covid thats fucking things up in China (if anyone needed more proof that is)

Edited by Gkalaitza

Yeah, one can certainly argue that even if Covid didn't exist, China could still underperformed those lofty expectations thrown around.

But the current trajectory is insane that just can't be explained by "underperformance". It's the covid situation.

Edited by NCsoft

9 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

Yeah. Like without covid people would have been optimistic at $700m+ dollars there and it may have done $550m ....not $250m

The presale rate say that only fans watching the film right now,other people are afraid of getting positive on covid

Edited by Bruce

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

INDIA OW is on par with AEG,could beat it record to become the highest grossing HLW film there

It will become 5th highest grosser in India among Hollywood movies by Monday or Tuesday. It should easily finish in top2 in full run. At the moment, I think chances of beating EndGame in fullrun are probably 50-50..WOM is pretty good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

#AVATARDisney_TH_AvatarTheWayofWater_Neytiri_20 BOX-OFFICE :- Fri ₹ 42cr, Sat ₹ 43cr Total 85cr+ ALL (LANGUAGE) #India biz. "Avatar has grown by around 5-10%, which means the film will collect at least ₹ 130 cr nett, but it could be higher if southern markets perform slightly better than expected on Sunday."

I would also note that 42Cr gross number is Nett which is gross - taxes...so gross would be around 50-52Crore (roughly $6M)

I think among the movie fan and James Cameron fan,The WOM is good but not great ,because we all know he is james cameron,he supposed to make the Masterpiece which make everyone shocked,like we must say something like ‘Holy shit’ in the cinema

But for normal people they’ll think this is the great movie,they din’t really care about the story because All cameron film story is simple,and something plot shit,that’s all movie geek care about,normal people just care about the cinema experience,they feel good?then it’s a great movie,they feel bad?then it’s a piece of shit

The general score in many place prove that

so I still believe the movie will have the leggy run,let’s see how is goes

Edited by Bruce