Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

23 minutes ago, Bruce said:

you are welcome

I’m the thread creator,so update data is some kind of my obligation,I will do it constantly till the movie ending of screen

Yeah, but even you are the creator, and you say you have the "obligation" is not really like this, because all of us take part of this forum and we can give something to it, but in your case is a lot of time and energy, so me and many other people appreciate to have so many numbers cause is our "food" mainly here.
Thanks again for your answer and your positive attitude.

According to @charlie Jatinder, we can expect $1350M OS-China

So let's say a range about $1,3B-$1,4B because it could be a little bit less or a little bit more

Let's say $200M-$250M in China because in 2 weeks there is CNY but if it gets an extension $300M is not impossible

In DOM, $550M-$650M because $700M seems unlikely atm but not impossible

$1,3B-$1,4B (OS-China) + $200M-$250M (China) + $550M-$650M (DOM) = $2,05B-$2,3B ($100M more not impossible if there is an extension in China and great late legs in DOM)

I think now that $2B are locked, AIW and SW7 too. A2 should finish its run with $2,1B-$2,2B and get very close to Titanic (or even overtake it but it will have a re-release in 1 month). With a better China and with the greatest conditions maybe A2 would reached something like $2,6B-$2,7B but I don't think it could surpass AEG and A1 even less $3B.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LPLC said:

According to @charlie Jatinder, we can expect $1350M OS-China

So let's say a range about $1,3B-$1,4B because it could be a little bit less or a little bit more

Let's say $200M-$250M in China because in 2 weeks there is CNY but if it gets an extension $300M is not impossible

In DOM, $550M-$650M because $700M seems unlikely atm but not impossible

$1,3B-$1,4B (OS-China) + $200M-$250M (China) + $550M-$650M (DOM) = $2,05B-$2,3B ($100M more not impossible if there is an extension in China and great late legs in DOM)

I think now that $2B are locked, AIW and SW7 too. A2 should finish its run with $2,1B-$2,2B and get very close to Titanic (or even overtake it but it will have a re-release in 1 month). With a better China and with the greatest conditions maybe A2 would reached something like $2,6B-$2,7B but I don't think it could surpass AEG and A1 even less $3B.

A2 is just not that good movie,we’ll see A3 with T2 level WOM easily break 3.5B

We better comps A2 with Avengers:AOU

I think Disney must effect Cameron’s work,this film story plot and cut not the level of JC

Edited by Bruce

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Croatia Box Office

3rd WKend - 1.252.091 kn / 21.318 admits

Total - 7.078.288 kn / 129.071 admits 

And in theory starting from yesterday, or at worst later this month, Croatia's gross will be communicated in euros 👍

Edited by MG10
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

A2 is just not that good movie,we’ll see A3 with T2 level WOM easily break 3.5B

I mean, I get not liking the film, but at this point with the way it's holding it's pretty obvious audiences are enjoying it.

If there isn't improved exchance rates when A3 releases, it's gonna need China to come big to outgross The Way of Water regardless of WOM really.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

I mean, I get not liking the film, but at this point with the way it's holding it's pretty obvious audiences are enjoying it.

If there isn't improved exchance rates when A3 releases, it's gonna need China to come big to outgross The Way of Water regardless of WOM really.

A2 is good,but Is not JC level movie

Image if JC made another Titanic or Terminator 2,$3.5B is not even a problem for him

I just try to believe him again,let’s waiting for Avatar 3

Edited by Bruce

22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

A2 is good,but Is not JC level movie

Image if JC made another Titanic or Terminator 2,$3.5B is not even a problem for him

I just try to believe him again,let’s waiting for Avatar 3

I agree A2 could have been better (I still love it), but I don't think Disney had much to do with the final product. It's more about the writing, it's the first big movie Cameron didn't write mostly all by himself. Not to throw stones at the writers, but nobody can write a James Cameron movie like James Cameron.

They still did a good job though I think, and I'm really looking forward to the next one. Problem is they had so many characters to juggle, and even at 3hours+ of running time, not enough time to develop them at their full potential. Not to mention, A2 and A3 were initially one movie. So a lot of what was in A2 will pay off in A3.

I think the next one has every reason to be even better

3 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I agree A2 could have been better (I still love it), but I don't think Disney had much to do with the final product. It's more about the writing, it's the first big movie Cameron didn't write mostly all by himself. Not to throw stones at the writers, but nobody can write a James Cameron movie like James Cameron.

They still did a good job though I think, and I'm really looking forward to the next one. Problem is they had so many characters to juggle, and even at 3hours+ of running time, not enough time to develop them at their full potential. Not to mention, A2 and A3 were initially one movie. So a lot of what was in A2 will pay off in A3.

I think the next one has every reason to be even better

I believe he’ll do better on Avatar 3,and he should do better

Avatar 2 is definitely not his level’s movie 

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

its getting similar tickets sold just terrible ER, right?

Less admissions is most markets and more in few others. ER is bad, it could have been better but it is not terrible

Edited by LPLC