$128.5M / 5th weekend

$100M    / 6th weekend

$95.3M   / 7th weekend

$79.3M   / 8th weekend

$59.8M   / 9th weekend

Amazing thank you!

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Think Avatar 3 gonna be the huge opening movie but not leggy movie

Its gonna be more frontloaded than A2 for sure but still leggier than most December huge openers. The demographic for A2 is just different. Plus its legs will depend on the quality of the film and I bet 3 is gonna be nuts with the fire tribe and possibly really shocking events…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Its gonna be more frontloaded than A2 for sure but still leggier than most December huge openers. The demographic for A2 is just different. Plus its legs will depend on the quality of the film and I bet 3 is gonna be nuts with the fire tribe and possibly really shocking events…

Yes will be still leggy than normal blockbuster but OW will also be huge,like $700-800m

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

People still doubt Cameron. A3 will be another unprecedented movie experience that resonates emotionally like nobody's business.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, xg32tr2000 said:

From a quick search i've got this numbers for A1

$164.5M / 1st weekend

$152M    / 2nd weekend

$136.3M / 3rd weekend

$150.5M / 4th weekend

$128.5M / 5th weekend

$100M    / 6th weekend

$95.3M   / 7th weekend

$79.3M   / 8th weekend

$59.8M   / 9th weekend

Crazy weekend numbers. 🤯

• Like 1

$483K for "Avatar: The Way of Water" during its 6th week in theaters in Romania. Total is 33.9M RON or $7.32M, now completely cementing its title of highest grossing movie of all time in Romania. This movie's run in Romania continues being absolutely unheard of.

The movie will probably end up at something like 37.5M RON. Let's be very conservative and say 35M RON. Average ticket price is somewhere at 20 RON, so 1.75M admissions in a country with a population of 19M, with a big rural, underdeveloped landscape.

• Like 3

61% 3D share is a little lower than what I hoped for before the release. I was hoping for a two-third domination given that we have a lot more 3D screen compared to in 2009 but probably the less aggressive 3D push during its marketing campaign make the people less aware or hyped for the format. Even JC himself didn't push for 3D as extensive as the first one. 

Also it is crazy to see how the first Avatar made $268m in IMAX format with just 200 IMAX screens across the world in 2009 but have a hard time matching the first one when we already have 1700 IMAX screens in 2022.