Eric Lasagna

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

I thought it was fun, but not really memorable. 

And I don't get why anybdy would think, as a couple of peopple here did, that a "R" rating wold have improved the movie. it's a light haterted romp.,more of a comedy with action and then out and out action movie, and I just don't see how more blood and gore would have helped. BUt then some people, every time a movie with action fails at the box office, say it would have been more sucessfdul if it had an R.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are complaining about the box office for this. I think 30m for a original rom com is actually pretty damn solid. They spend a bit much on it, but for this type of genre, that's not bad. I still expect this to have solid legs. 

Well done,  A cross between Fall Guy TV and Hooper.

Had a decent crowed where I saw it this weekend end people seemed to really like it

Leads played it well together. 

Action was solid. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, upprdeck said:

Well done,  A cross between Fall Guy TV and Hooper.

Had a decent crowed where I saw it this weekend end people seemed to really like it

Leads played it well together. 

Action was solid. 

Ryan Gosling just seems destined to star in action comedies with Guy in the title that people do not bother to see in theaters and discover at home

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Has EVERY Universal movie so far this year gone onto PVOD less than a month after release?

No. They have an agreement with theaters of exclusive 17 day window for titles that open below 50m. Titles that open 50m or

more have 31 day exclusive theatrical window. 

On 5/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, emoviefan said:

Ryan Gosling just seems destined to star in action comedies with Guy in the title that people do not bother to see in theaters and discover at home

Fall Guy is ont of those films that people look it, say "It looks like fun but not 12 dollars worth, I will catch it on streming".

Posted (edited)

Aside of mad max (seems not destined to huge numbers) there is still a full month without any big releas  until inside out 2. 

The fall guy still got on thurdsay  the second best average for screen so It's not like theaters have so much better to get instead of It. For a least another month the distribuiton will hold so It's a bad look to release It on digital already after less than a month. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Aside of mad max (seems not destined to huge numbers) there is still a full month without any big releas  until inside out 2. 

The fall guy still got on thurdsay  the second best average for screen so It's not like theaters have so much better to get instead of It. For a least another month the distribuiton will hold so It's a bad look to release It on digital already after less than a month. 

If your def of huge is 70+ then yes nothing to IO 2 but Furiosa could do 45-50+ for the 4 day next weekend and Bad Boys Ride or Die is going to do anywhere between 50-70 on the weekend of June 7th. Sure they are both R and more geared to just men than the Fall Guy but still will be competition and grab theater space. I really hope it can hang in there and save a little face though. It deserves it.

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

There are multiple big releases coming out before IO2. Furiosa and Garfield next weekend, then Bad Boys 4 two weeks later (the last one made more than 400M). But this is just Universal’s policy.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:32 PM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I don't understand why people are complaining about the box office for this. I think 30m for a original rom com is actually pretty damn solid. They spend a bit much on it, but for this type of genre, that's not bad. I still expect this to have solid legs. 

I think the key is to realize this genuinely is a "rom-com"-action movie instead of an action movie with a central romance.

7 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

Bad Boys will definitely take some audience away from this movie.

Movio's podcast flagged that this film's second weekend saw a significant jump in female audience (50/50), probably 5 points higher than expected from OW and the mean age decrease from 46 to 41. If those trends continue, I do wonder if there's a different genre audience finding the movie which would reduce bad boy's status as a pure rival. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:59 PM, babz06 said:

No. They have an agreement with theaters of exclusive 17 day window for titles that open below 50m. Titles that open 50m or

more have 31 day exclusive theatrical window. 

I can't believe theaters are keeping this deal when other studios have gone back to the 3 or so months window.   How is this different from what Netflix used to want from them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mad Max007 said:

Extended Cut after 17 days? Man Universal is desperate.

No? They always put out movies that open below 50 out to PVOD in 17 days. They have been doing that for four years now.