That's what I read also. I didn't believe it till the last episode ended with Deb being shot.

FUCK THIS.

This season has sucked. They should have ended it with season 7 if this shit was going to happen.

They should have ended it with season 4 ... it's been a plummet downhill since then.

Seasons 5 and 7 are worthwhile to watch, but could I have lived without them? Definitely. Rita's death really did seem to be the "jump the shark" moment for the show. Although I think her death was a good idea, they just didn't follow it up as well as they could have. I like season 5 more now though than I did at the time it was on. Hannah still brings season 7 down quite a bit for me.

Edited by MovieMan89

Seasons Ranked: 

1. Season 4 (Trinity >)

2. Season 1 (Ice Truck Killer >)

3. Season 7 (Biggest improvement since Season 4)

4. Season 2 (Suprise Muthafucka!)

5. Season 3 (Miguel Prada story was ok)

6. Season 6 (Figured out the "big" reveal 4 episodes in)

7. Season 8 (Killing off characters no one gives a shit about)

8. Season 5 (Travis storyline + Lumen story had no purpose)

Same here. It's very bothersome. Dexter moved on from Rita like he lost a cat or something. And LaGuerta's murder was not even investigated. The god damn police chief.

Posted Image

That should been Dexter down fall. The chief of police name a suspect to be a serial killer. Ends being murder along with the person who murder the suspect mother. This person (dexter) is the one who gets to forensic expect on the scene.  Come on, there should been outside expect investigate the crime. 

I don't think this season is as bad as season 6, but it is up there with it. I really liked the beginning of the season with deb hating dexter but that obviously didn't last long. At this point I really just want to see that stupid motherfuckin marshal and elway die. I haven't read any spoilers but I hope the ending isn't as bad as some of you are saying. That would be a real shame especially after the bad ass comeback season 7 was.

I do not like how Rita death does not come into play in season 5. Like how laguerta death is ignored this season .

I felt the same the first time watching season 5, but rewatching it I realized her death does come into play more than it seems on the surface. For example, Dexter's whole crusade to help get vengeance for Lumen is driven by his guilt for Rita's death. He can't get vengeance for Rita directly since Trinity is already gone, so he sees getting it for someone else who's been through a horrible ordeal as the next best thing. He has to help her to have any kind of peace about the Rita situation. Also that bathroom kill of that random dude in the first episode is still probably the most genuinely angry moment we've ever seen from Dexter in the whole entire series. The fact that he even expresses that emotion like that when he almost never does otherwise is meant to show the effect Rita's death had on him.

Edited by MovieMan89

Dexter has continued to go worse and worse. Luckily it all ends soon, though i hope its not a stupid happy ending...Original 3 seasons were really good. No wonder that it got worse after most of the lead makers of the series left.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBRvhIV81hY&feature=youtube_gdata 

This scene is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Edited by Belzebob