Eric the IF

Mickey 17 || Warner || January 31, 2025 || Directed by Bong Joon Ho - Starring Robert Pattinson

12 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

From what i read the movie looks very weird, bizarre and it’s more of a comedy scifi than a serious dramatic movie 

Maybe that’s why they put it January 

Comedy scifi or scifi with comedic elements like Edge Of Tomorrow. That one turned out amazing with some funny moments

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

He's talking about the trailer which he saw at CinemaCon

We really should move on from Sneider, he doesn’t know shit. He was spreading misinformation about Sydney Sweeney like a week ago.

Yeah everyone loved the footage they watched, but Sneider who didn’t see it is the actual reliable source? 

Dude hates Bong, he spend months of his life attacking Parasite during it’s award season and historical Oscar wins. That’s why he’s constantly attacking this movie.

Maybe the movie is indeed bad? Maybe it is, that’s not my point, but there’s no actual reliable info about quality issues, Sneider isn’t a good guy, and good movies can be released in January. Just see M3GAN last year and it’s 94% score in the first week of January.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Comedy scifi or scifi with comedic elements like Edge Of Tomorrow. That one turned out amazing with some funny moments

From what i read, really comedy, not just elements. 

Let’s see how it turns out, I agreed that Edge Of Tomorrow is very funny. I think it can be a good combo of genres if done right.

5 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm now convinced Sneider isn't an actual "insider" but a paid PR hitman who works to talk down other studio's movies. Wasn't he the guy who said there was no way Dune 2 would actually make money?

I agree that he's an asshat, but the movie simply being bad isn't impossible. These movie directors are human too, and can slip up and make mistakes once in a while. That's just as possible as Zaslav, a glorified reality TV executive, not understanding a weird genre movie and automatically assuming the worst as far as revenue is concerned.

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I agree that he's an asshat, but the movie simply being bad isn't impossible. These movie directors are human too, and can slip up and make mistakes once in a while. That's just as possible as Zaslav, a glorified reality TV executive, not understanding a weird genre movie and automatically assuming the worst as far as revenue is concerned.

The movie had test screenings. I'm pretty sure that if the movie scored high on the screenings, they wouldn't dump it in January. I doubt Zaslav just made this decision by himself

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I heard the movie is movie is simply Okja level weird and offputting but by no means bad. Not a binary, black and white thing why they made this release choice.

That aligns with the more concrete info about test screenings we had, good reception but offputting and not super commercial neither award bait. 

WB already have a bunch of IP’s with apparently stronger award prospects to release in the next months, maybe January without competition is the best option for it commercially afterall, who knows.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1