Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, Gkalaitza said:

WW for sure but this will also  be by far the most watched WC final in the US too maybe it will put a very slight dent in DOM numbers. Idk if there were any other big games today there 

Ehh it was on so early here that it shouldn’t matter much if at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Why are people talking about anything but the box office?

Because there was a once-every-four-years amazing futbol match on, and it's 3PM on Sunday.  We're not going to get any Sunday updates for a while.  It's a dead time anyway, and no one is screaming and yelling at each other, so it's harmless.

That said, if we want to get it back to movies, we can talk about what we think a World Cup would look like in Pandora?! Are they futbol people, or are they football people? Round or elongated ball?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Because there was a once-every-four-years amazing futbol match on, and it's 3PM on Sunday.  We're not going to get any Sunday updates for a while.  It's a dead time anyway, and no one is screaming and yelling at each other, so it's harmless.

That said, if we want to get it back to movies, we can talk about what we think a World Cup would look like in Pandora?! Are they futbol people, or are they football people? Round or elongated ball?

Na'vi are Olympic people, especially archery, the Koreans would finally lose there

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

hat said, if we want to get it back to movies, we can talk about what we think a World Cup would look like in Pandora?! Are they futbol people, or are they football people? Round or elongated ball?

The ball and pitch would have to be much bigger for equivalent sizes. Roughly double. That's a lot of land. Will Eywa allow it?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Now he is desperately trying to keep users stay on Twitter and banning free promotion of other social media, LMAO. Good luck with that.

It's ironic that when he took over he said the bird is finally free and now he is trying to put it in cage 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

So if Mbappe Jamie Taritt and Messi Roy Kent?

ALSO

150 PAGES FOLKS?!?!  CAN WE DO 200!?!?!

:sarah:

Looking at current pace it's definitely possible if only few users could contain themselves without talking about numbers...

Oh. Variety right on cue gave us some spicy takes with this hit piece. They are also predicting 134M for the weekend; so a 36m Sunday:

Unless you want to bury your head in an underwater sand dune, it’s clear that “Avatar: The Way of Water” underperformed at the box office this weekend — a fact that shouldn’t change anyone’s experience of the movie. The critics, or at least a whole lot of them, were rapturous (though not this one; I thought “The Way of Water” had the same blend of wowza visuals and just-okay story that made the first “Avatar” a movie I enjoyed but was never remotely tempted to visit again). And audiences, who gave the film a Cinemascore grade of A, may sustain and build with the coming weeks.

If “The Way of Water,” like “Avatar” before it, is indeed a precedent-setting, eyeball-tickling movie whose images are the popping embodiment of a story that’s good enough to sweep you along, one might well ask: Who cares if it took in $150 to $175 million at the domestic box office ­(as it was expected to) or the far softer $134 million it did? Why lose yourself in bean counting when James Cameron is reinventing the future of movies?

But is he? Let’s not fool ourselves: The bean counting has always been a driving dimension of the “Avatar” brand. It’s been the measure of Cameron’s ambition for it — that this was going to be a franchise that transcended all others, that lived in in its own heightened realm, that had the kind of mythological hold on audiences that George Lucas did after the first three “Star Wars” movies.

(click link above to read the rest)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Why are people talking about anything but the box office?

Because history was made!!!!! Avatar already has disappointing opening so we can't even talk about it much which wasn't said in last 100 pages.

18 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

After a very emotional match and the GOAT winning.

Now coming to Avatar , why do I feel like Avatar is not going to sustain for 4 parts. The cracks are starting to show and considering how James Cameron is busy hyping only Part 4 , can Avatar 3 be the end of it all? Or will be actually go till part 5?

I mean I still think all 5 movies will happen. This is still getting near 2 billion and there's still enough positivity with this film and likely the future movies that they should still be able to comfortably make near 1.5 billion for each. 1 billion at least. Which yes, I know that's not what we all want, but still comfortable moneymakers, especially since these films also serve as vessels for new Disney World rides and merchandise. And that's what Disney really cares about in the end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Man...I'm jealous. That must have been an insane experience.

Oh it was.  I was there with my dad and after we fell behind and it was obvious we were going to lose, I turned to him and said something to the effect of, "Well I guess we can just relax and watch some baseball."  

:hahaha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1