The Wild Eric

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Out of reactions but well said.

Get a subscription to celebrate messi's win. There is a sale going :P

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

@ZeeSoh this kinda reminded me there's some resemblance with how India won 2011 world cup for Sachin. This time Argentina won for Messi. Both were playing their last world cup. Both are legends of the game. There was drought for so many years until they both finally won it. 

True, similar vibes to that. Although Sachin had a wide consensus even before winning that he was the best batsmen (or player). With Messi although many people considered him the best even without the world cup but there were many who would refuse to put him up there with Pele and Maradona because he has not won a WC

This was the best game of football i have seen in years and in a fucking World Cup final that is!

YES and YES and YES for Messia and Argentina! I have been a fan of Messi since i watch football basically, i have grown up with this legend demolishing teams across Europe and to have his historical career nearing the end FINALLY lifting the World Cup trophy feels better than .... than rewatching Jurassic World!

MESSI is the GOAT, the GOAT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

True, similar vibes to that. Although Sachin had a wide consensus even before winning that he was the best batsmen (or player). With Messi although many people considered him the best even without the world cup but there were many who would refuse to put him up there with Pele and Maradona because he has not won a WC

Really don't understand people's obsession of clubbing individual players greatness with trophies.

Team sport is a team sport, sometimes even the all time greats don't have a cup in hand, and as you see in this final, someone can score 4 goals and yet come out on the loosing side. 

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

As a fan I've seen

India winning 2007, 2011

England winning 2019, 2022

West Indies winning 2016

So I've been blessed with my favorites winning lots of tournaments, and yet 2015 WC SF stings and sticks out everytime i remember it.

Not hard to be blessed when your favourite teams consist of 3 out of 8 of the best teams in the world :P

Speaking of Sachin

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yeah. Even if Messi didn't win the cup he would still be best player but he was considered to be an heir apparent of Maradona so not having world cup trophy was looked down upon. But now that has also changed. 

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Not hard to be blessed when your favourite teams consist of 3 out 8 of the best teams in the world :P

Speaking of Sachin

No way he got any indication that any team was clinching anything with that one save lol.

Like how people get carried away when they are excited.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well since he wasn't playing that match, i couldn't care less.

But he hasn't won even IPL or BBL or CPL or PSL.

I mean SA record is like that they always mess up the important game. Talking T20 leagues it's unpredictable anything can happen. So can't hold that against him.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This was the best game of football i have seen in years and in a fucking World Cup final that is!

YES and YES and YES for Messia and Argentina! I have been a fan of Messi since i watch football basically, i have grown up with this legend demolishing teams across Europe and to have his historical career nearing the end FINALLY lifting the World Cup trophy feels better than .... than rewatching Jurassic World!

MESSI is the GOAT, the GOAT

Lets Go GIF by Regal

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Really don't understand people's obsession of clubbing individual players greatness with trophies.

Team sport is a team sport, sometimes even the all time greats don't have a cup in hand, and as you see in this final, someone can score 4 goals and yet come out on the loosing side. 

It depends really. If the player performs well in important games but gets unlucky or is let down by the team, then it's fair to give them a pass for that. But if they don't have trophies because they fail to perform when the chips are down, that's fair to criticize. There is also the idea that a truly great player is able to elevate those around them, which holds more true in some sports than others. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I mean SA record is like that they always mess up the important game. Talking T20 leagues it's unpredictable anything can happen. So can't hold that against him.

Obviously, he'll still be one of ATGs regardless.

But still it stings,  he was 60 of 38 that day with NZ almost using most if their prime bowlers overs with 12 odd overs remaining, stage was set for the carnage. 

Then rain came.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Obviously, he'll still be one of ATGs regardless.

But still it stings,  he was 60 of 38 that day with NZ almost using most if their prime bowlers overs with 12 odd overs remaining, stage was set for the carnage. 

Then rain came.

I mean to be fair he could have still played cricket for 2-3 years minimum. So he could have got the chance 

7 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Just now, John Marston said:

Good opening for Avatar but can this series really last four more sequels like Cameron wants? I doubt it 

It can. Although it might not have the huge gorss like the first one but it will do more than enough to guarantee the sequels.