Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I mean it doesn’t work with premium screens even with older releases here in Brazil . I watched Wakanda Forever at a premium ‘IMAX’ 2D screen and paid full price, and that was more than one month after the film’s release (got sick right before going to the Wakanda Forever premiere, fuck covid).

Do you have discount on some other day? We don't get discount at all

14 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

back to dooming? or is it all because of the snowstorm?

Wednesday should be more walk-up Friendly than Mon (weekend leftovers) and Tue (discount day), especially with schools getting or having gotten out. I suspect that early (secondhand) peek is more reflective of lower pre-sale volume, and should come up. Question will be: by how much?

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Do you have discount on some other day? We don't get discount at all

Wednesday has a ‘sort’ of a discount Tuesday like in the US. But like I’ve said, it might not affect premium screens. Lines got blurred since the pandemic, I actually remember discounts being more present before the pandemic, even with premium screens.

2 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

the movie will make 1.7B and both sides won't be happy 

Id much rather have Avatar 2 make 2 Billion instead of 1,7B. Would make it far less painfull if its not close.

• Haha 1

An $18m Tuesday and $14m Wednesday just seems like people trying to see it Tuesday before the storm hits. 

Obviously as a fan I would like for the big Tuesday bump to be indicative of things to come but I'm just not confident. 

I would also like to publicly apologize to interiorgatordecorator for being a jerk and calling him exhausting last Thursday. Everyone's dooming was really getting to me and seeing "James Cameron has failed us" before the movie had even come out just pushed me over the edge. I think we both just want the movie to do well and it's very easy to get depressed about it. 

Edited by theghostofmarv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

An $18m Tuesday and $14m Wednesday just seems like people trying to see it Tuesday before the storm hits. 

Obviously as a fan I would like for the big Tuesday bump to be indicative of things to come but I'm just not confident. 

I would also like to publicly apologize to @interiorgatordecorator for being a jerk and calling him exhausting last Thursday. Everyone's dooming was really getting to me and seeing "James Cameron has failed us" before the movie had even come out just pushed me over the edge. I think we both just want the movie to do well and it's very easy to get depressed about it. 

hey youre back

no problemo from my part, im just a big doomer at heart (which can get annoying at times) and that "Jim Cameron has failed us" line had more to do with my out-of-this-world expectations for what critical reception would be like

will be seeing the movie on the 27th, so who knows, maybe i'll love it 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

I would also like to publicly apologize to interiorgatordecorator for being a jerk and calling him exhausting last Thursday. Everyone's dooming was really getting to me and seeing "James Cameron has failed us" before the movie had even come out just pushed me over the edge. I think we both just want the movie to do well and it's very easy to get depressed about it. 

Are you new here?

9 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

the movie will make 1.7B and both sides won't be happy 

I wouldnt be happy no but i certainly wouldnt have a meltdown over it. 1.7bil would still make it the biggest film of the year, and beat TGM.

I'm also sure that Disney would be quite happy with that number, under the current climate, and the China situation where the film is probably going to gross 400-600mil less than it would of done if covid wasnt a thing there.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Can we get an American meteorologist in here so we can work out if people are just talking non-sense about the weather or it's legit?

Someone here must know one right

We have a saying. If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes.