Eric Quinn

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Seems right. 

So a weekend under 59M is possible. That would be under Dominions 2nd weekend.

I mean its plausible. Not every movie is as good as Dominion and thus could have as good of an hold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I mean its plausible. Not every movie is as good as Dominion and thus could have as good of an hold.

So what you're saying is that they just need to add pandorian dinos to Ava3.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Sam Neill > James Cameron

• Like 2

Aliens

Terminator 2

Terminator

Titanic

True Lies

The Abyss

Piranha 2

1 Star Wars

2 The Matrix

3 Lord of the Rings

4 Inception

5 The Dark Knight

6 Avatar

7 Harry Potter

8 Indiana Jones

9 Halloween

10 Scream

11 Friday the 13th

12 A Nightmare on Elm Street

13 Star Trek

14 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

15 The X-Files

16 James Bond

17 Spider-Man

18 X-Men

19 Jurassic Park

20 Interstellar

21 Alien

22 Terminator

23 The Avengers

24 Independence Day

25 Transformers

26 Captain America

27 Iron Man

28 The Fast and the Furious

29 Pirates of the Caribbean

30 Twister

Spider-Verse 2 is probably going to be a Titan AE-level flop. If not even Shrek can bring in families, then I don't see how a niche movie like Spider-Verse is going to do the job.

Sonic 3 should still do well provided Paramount keeps the budget at a reasonable level like the previous movies. The diehard Sonic fans should carry it to another solid $400M worldwide total.

Covid completely killed theatralic animation. Kids had to sit 2 years on their couches and consumed every streaming plattfom there is and parents noticed. Now it has become a cultural habit for familys that animated movies are watched on streaming plattforms on their home couches. Thats atleast my theory.

Minions 2 is a big exception for this, but its success may have been a fluke that can be explained by the giant popularity of the yellow things. I do think theatralic animation overall has been pretty much killed of by the Covid years.

In this case, i ofc would be extremely happy to be wrong.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Covid completely killed theatralic animation. Kids had to sit 2 years on their couches and consumed every streaming plattfom there is and parents noticed. Now it has become a cultural habit for familys that animated movies are watched on streaming plattforms on their home couches. Thats atleast my theory.

Minions 2 is a big exception for this, but its success may have been a fluke that can be explained by the giant popularity of the yellow things. I do think theatralic animation overall has been pretty much killed of by the Covid years.

In this case, i ofc would be extremely happy to be wrong.

There was also the gigantic Tiktok trend of Gentleminions that I think really saved the movie. It'd probably otherwise top out at around $400M worldwide, but said trend got a lot of people to take interest in the movie and push it to being an almost-billion dollar hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1