Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Here in the midwest, every conversation starts and ends with talking about the storm. People are not showing up today and tomorrow through the middle of country, just not happening. Windchill will be -30 here in Milwaukee. That is low enough where everyone has cancelled their plans for the next 48 hours. Maybe won't shift the dailies but I would not expect A2 numbers to be good until after xmas. 

Edited by Lestranger
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why anyone worried about film animation, it's not like we're going to see Disney shut down WDAS and Pixar anytime soon. As Minions proved, animation can make hand over fist money if it's appealing enough. 

Regarding Puss in Boots, it's a sequel that came 11 years later and isn't a beloved classic. I'm adamant that a live action Shrek remake would make a lot of money simply because it's the story retold in a different medium and would be the perfect way to take on Disney's live action remakes. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm not sure why anyone worried about film animation, it's not like we're going to see Disney shut down WDAS and Pixar anytime soon. As Minions proved, animation can make hand over fist money if it's appealing enough. 

Regarding Puss in Boots, it's a sequel that came 11 years later and isn't a beloved classic. I'm adamant that a live action Shrek remake would make a lot of money simply because it's the story retold in a different medium and would be the perfect way to take on Disney's live action remakes. 

Spoiler

4kek1xioee891.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Here in the midwest, every conversation starts and ends with talking about the storm. People are not showing up today and tomorrow through the middle of country, just not happening. Windchill will be -30 here in Milwaukee. That is low enough where everyone has cancelled their plans for the next 48 hours. Maybe won't shift the dailies but I would not expect A2 numbers to be good until after xmas. 

This is one thing to take notice so people that don’t follow box office closely don’t freak out.

Spoiler

Who am I kidding, give us all the meltdowns. :Venom:

14 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Pleasant surprise this morning. My local theater switched some bigger screens from 3D to 2D compared to last weekend. In a few hours I’m checking out Avatar in 2D on the same screen where I saw Knives Out. Last weekend that screen was only 3D. Very good size screen. 

I wish there was a good 2d screen for my showing. My second viewing will have to wait until I see it at home. I think you will like it!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

A fellow Milwaukeeian i see

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Across the Spider-Verse will be the third Spider-Man film to make it over $1B. 

No. I appreciate the enthusiasm a lot, but ... no.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2