Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

I hate to sound like a broken record and again if you guys have discussed this already my apologies but the 14 or 17 days over the Christmas break is a gold mine for most movies but especially for something like avatar. It's going to have strong weak days strong weekends kids are going to be off at school until the first week of january. I don't know how much it's going to end up with in North America but is 500 million out of reach? And it probably has a chance to do somewhere near Titanic numbers overall worldwide (1.8 bill) I don't think that's anything to sneeze at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

They gave it too to the Woman King, A+ Cinema Score 99% audience Rotten Tomatoes, They gave it too to Black Panther Wakanda Forever, A CinemaScore and 94% audience score. 

So is not about your personal opinion neither. 

WF has different set of issues. Not to mention the movie itself is very sombre which doesn't help with repeat business.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hate to sound like a broken record and again if you guys have discussed this already my apologies but the 14 or 17 days over the Christmas break is a gold mine for most movies but especially for something like avatar. It's going to have strong weak days strong weekends kids are going to be off at school until the first week of january. I don't know how much it's going to end up with in North America but is 500 million out of reach? And it probably has a chance to do somewhere near Titanic numbers overall worldwide (1.8 bill) I don't think that's anything to sneeze at.

I think most of us know that but its more funny if we have premature doomposting :qotd: but yeah, i totally agree, considering all the circumstances, a near 2 Billion final gross for Avatar 2 would be really great.

Spoiler

Though it wont reach 1,8B

Spoiler

It cant.

Spoiler

I have foreseen that it will stop at 1,67B max.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nero said:

WF has different set of issues. Not to mention the movie itself is very sombre which doesn't help with repeat business.

Yeah i know, found Wakanda Forever better than NWH as a movie, although NWH is more kind of fun. 

What i do not like is people equating quality with money. With Marvel when people say quality is how did you execute fan service, if DS 2 was more epic having all the rumored cameos, that is what would sell it to Marvel Fans, Thor 4 was a good romantic comedy, but that was not what audience wanted so you get those reception results.

14 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

They gave it too to the Woman King, A+ Cinema Score 99% audience Rotten Tomatoes, They gave it too to Black Panther Wakanda Forever, A CinemaScore and 94% audience score. 

notably those scores you mentioned for WF are lower than TGM/NWH. As for woman king it was starting from a much lower audience base.

• Like 2

Here are some current weather reports around the country as of 5:00 AM MST.

Portland, 19, freezing rain. 

Cleveland, 2, blowing snow, wind chill -17

South Bend, -7, heavy snow, wind chill -32

Pittsburgh, 18, heavy snow, wind chills forecast to be at or below zero through Sunday

Milwaukee, -7, blowing snow, wind chill -32

Chicago, -8, blowing snow, -30 wind chill, WC forecast to remain below zero through Sunday

Buffalo, 37, blizzard warning in effect, 25-41 inches of snow by Sunday, wind chills below zero through Sunday

Box office is going to take a major hit today.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Yeah i know, found Wakanda Forever better than NWH as a movie, although NWH is more kind of fun. 

What i do not like is people equating quality with money. With Marvel when people say quality is how did you execute fan service, if DS 2 was more epic having all the rumored cameos, that is what would sell it to Marvel Fans, Thor 4 was a good romantic comedy, but that was not what audience wanted so you get those reception results.

Although I enjoyed DS a lot it needed to be more fleshed out story. If they had covered more of multiverse universe that would have been more satisfying instead of a cameo fest. For thor I blame taika entirely he didn't take it seriously. He was very casual otherwise L&T would have been a lot different. That's why the mixed reactions 

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

R1 was 318M after 12/26. Where do we expect A2 at that time?

If that 14M Thursday number hold, A2 will be tracking 25M~ behind R1 going into the Christmas weekend.

About a 5-10M deficit over the 4day to be 30-35M behind. 

12 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

…you think that’s a diss on either of the films getting these A+ Cinema Scores and extremely high audiences ar RT like it’s a bad thing? Lol. No Way Home and Top Gun Maverick are beloved worldwide, hence their insane box office numbers and incredibly high public approval. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Woman King getting an A+ and high Cinemascore is an accolade to those films and a testament of how good they are, but that doesn’t mean that they will connect the same way with an worldwide audience as the others.

Let’s not play revisionist history.

tchalla-bruce-banner.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

notably those scores you mentioned for WF are lower than TGM/NWH. As for woman king it was starting from a much lower audience base.

Jurassic World Dominion was lower than what i mentioned and reached the billion, it had China but it reached it however. Transformers movies 1-4 made money. My point stand Is not About quality is about knowing exactly what an audience want at the moment, even if you do not give on all other categories for a movie. Transformers from Bay gave action and epicness the new Transformers movies do not and people went for that, because that is what people wanted at the time.  I will be refering to what you people call quality to widely well receptioned, so Transformers 1-4 are on it. 

Edited by StreamBO