The Wild Eric

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

3 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Ya'll I could care less for Avatar. Only movie for me this season is Puss in Boots. That movie deserves all the love.

That's gonna be the movie my family and I catch this Christmas. Can't wait! Hoping it develops big legs off its soft opening like Jumanji did...

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

That's gonna be the movie my family and I catch this Christmas. Can't wait! Hoping it develops big legs off its soft opening like Jumanji did...

I think PiB will surprise people. Extremely well reviewed, A Cinemascore, nostalgia ready, counterpoint to A2 as the shorter family film. I legit think that it will have a good weekend and develop legs, yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Interesting take 

Typical Abuser Victim Complex. Liked Avatar 2 it's direction, visuals, story that does what Cameron wanted, etc. But there are more people crying "people wanting it to fail", than actual people wanting it to fail. Is typical today's Bully internet behaivior that unlike before, now is pretending to be the victim, to victimize another. This take is not interesting at all (is probably trash) and i liked Avatar 2 and the original one too and defended it from people that come with the story is bad blah blah blah, when James Cameron knows what he is doing and did Avatar with great pacing, etc. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

What about the story the music the characters ? Zilch zero 

But I did enjoy all that in Ava2, I found the ending to earned and emotional. Sure I did also enjoy the effects and the visuals, but that wasn’t everything. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, M37 said:

I’m not going to quote them, because I don’t feel like arguing, but will just note that we’ve apparently reached the point in the proceedings where people are making factually untrue statements in defense of what is currently transpiring 

Regarding?

17 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Alita. But it’s far from Rodriguez best film. His Desperado trilogy is underrated.

Alita is basically a James Cameron film condensed to ~2 hours instead of the longer runtime (if he directly directed insted of giving his~600 page detailed ~Manual to Robert)  Robert was basically an employer tasked to put the film on ~2 hours to make the movie cheaper to make. James basically gave him (is a fact is even recorded) a ~manual on how to make the movie, and he followed great. 

Edited by StreamBO

30 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

I love these dumb twitter takes as if their god is being attacked because A. The movie as an art form is bad (look at Kermode review) 

B. It is basically a tech demo reel with the thinnest of anything else belying past Cameron films where he excelled at connecting his characters with audience. What do we have here ? A wave oh my god the spectacle . Oh my god the visuals. Oh my god that action sequence . What about the story the music the characters ? Zilch zero

Why exactly are you pointing out a review to back up your opinion as if "kermode's review" was solid proof of something? You're allowed to have your opinion and all, but referring to authority (or rather only the fragment of authority that backs up your argument) kinda reeks of not having watched the film you're criticizing.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Alita is basically a James Cameron film condensed to ~2 hours instead of the longer runtime, Robert was basically an employer tasked to put the film on ~2 hours to make the movie cheaper to make. James basically gave him (is a fact is even recorded) a manual on how to make the movie, and he followed great. 

Ok. Interesting how this is something that Rodriguez or Cameron should be proud of. I prefer my MCU films or Rodriguez going gonzo with his films. Unpopular opinion I guess but I prefer Rodriguez Boba Fett than Alita too. 

• Like 1