Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

Honestly you guys act as if people are going to physically explode if they don't get to see a movie right away the minute it releases. Every movie gets released in streaming but that is not enough, you need it NOW, so you can see the first 5 minutes before going back to rewatch an episode of The Office.

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Isn't that like current situation lol

No.

Are all movies released day and date? NO. 

Are all Cinemas Screens PLF & IMAX and not like 1-10%? NO. 

It is the future, but we are not yet there as of 2022.

Edited by StreamBO

9 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

As per the rumour from a reputable site, Spider-Man 4 might get a December 2024 release date; if this happens, then Avatar 3 would be shifted to 2026, as I don't think Disney would again delay Star Wars movie.

Hmm. Question is will Spidey make appearances in any other movie before that.

5 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Honestly you guys act as if people are going to physically explode if they don't get to see a movie right away the minute it releases. Every movie gets released in streaming but that is not enough, you need it NOW, so you can see the first 5 minutes before going back to rewatch an episode of The Office.

NO, it's not just 5 minutes is the whole movie and NOW. 

• Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

As per the rumour from a reputable site, Spider-Man 4 might get a December 2024 release date; if this happens, then Avatar 3 would be shifted to 2026, as I don't think Disney would again delay Star Wars movie.

Spider Man comes before the Avengers movies so is still in time. 

6 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

No.

Are all movies released day and date? NO. 

Are all Cinemas Screens PLF & IMAX and not like 1-10%? NO. 

It is the future, but we are not yet there as of 2022.

Movie theater shouldn't be all about PLF and IMAX either reduce the prices or other formats should be available. Because it's becoming increasingly expensive to go to cinema which used to be leisure activity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Movie theater shouldn't be all about PLF and IMAX either reduce the prices or other formats should be available. Because it's becoming increasingly expensive to go to cinema which used to be leisure activity. 

Yes they should, time to Move theaters to the Premium space only. If the quality is there with PLF and IMAX people pay regardless as you see with Avatar 2, If you want the other option to watch it, theres your day and date streaming. 

Edited by StreamBO

2 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Unlikely as no one remembers Peter Parker now. Someone has to bring him again to the MCU or Avengers Club like Tony Stark did.

People only don't remember Peter though. They know spider man

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Yes they should, time to Move theaters to the Premium space, only if the quality is there with PLF and IMAX people pay regardless as you see with Avatar 2, If you want the other option to watch it, theres your day and date streaming. 

That shouldn't be the case at all. Streaming is good for binging but it doesn't bring the joy which theatres bring. Just like how watching sports live has a different feeling than watching it at home on tv.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 2

Just now, Nero said:

That shouldn't be the case at all. Streaming is good for binging it doesn't bring the joy which theatres bring. Just like how watching sports live has a different feeling than watching it at home on tv.

I get the feeling youre arguing with a not-so-secret agent of Netflix/Amazon Prime/Peacock/Disney + etc here, so i dont think your words will be heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

That shouldn't be the case at all. Streaming is good for binging it doesn't bring the joy which theatres bring. Just like how watching sports live has a different feeling than watching it at home on tv.

Then pay your PLF and IMAX for the blockbuster movie, those who want at home and wich home brings them Joy watch it at home, CHOICE day and date. And people could tell you of times the watched movies with friends at home...

Edited by StreamBO

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

People only don't remember Peter though. They know spider man

And how will they know who is spider-man when they don't know his identity? Tony brought Spider-Man into MCU because he knew his real identity. Someone has to bring him again imo

4 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Then pay your PLF and IMAX for the blockbuster movie, those who want at home and wich home brings them Joy watch it at home, CHOICE day and date. And people could tell you of times the watched movies with friends at home...

There are all kinds of movies. Horror movies, blockbuster movies, indie movies, small budget movies. Not all of them can be shown on IMAX or PLF.  

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

There are all kinds of movies. Horror movies, blockbuster movies, indie movies, small budget movies. Not all of them can be shown on IMAX or PLF.  

All those Non blockbusters are flopping already, so all of them can go to Streaming, where they are already with all the adult dramas. All those movie you say will benefit of being new while they are on streaming. Cinemas should be Day and Date with streaming PLF and IMAX big blockbuster only. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Knock It Off 1

20 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Biggest movie of the world has released and people are only talking about doom of cinema.

image.gif

Two quick things about streaming. In theory, sounds amazing. Only:

- I loaned my cousin my DVD collection (it was old, back when I bought physical media) cause she didn’t have the internet to watch those streaming services. Turns out she might or might not have misplaced the case. If she did, that’s a whole bunch of movies gone that aren’t on streaming anymore. It would be one thing if WB or Disney put up their entire library, but they don’t. 

- Is what they put up the unedited version? My friend was rewatching Alias on Disney+. Apparently, a bunch of the songs were swapped out cause they didn’t want to pay for them again. So who knows what they are gonna mess with. 

oh, and, right, how could I forget: the large corporations don’t want to play residuals out to anyone for streaming, so they randomly take shit off (i.e. Westworld) or give everyone but the show runner garbage rates. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

image.gif

Two quick things about streaming. In theory, sounds amazing. Only:

- I loaned my cousin my DVD collection (it was old, back when I bought physical media) cause she didn’t have the internet to watch those streaming services. Turns out she might or might not have misplaced the case. If she did, that’s a whole bunch of movies gone that aren’t on streaming anymore. It would be one thing if WB or Disney put up their entire library, but they don’t. 

- Is what they put up the unedited version? My friend was rewatching Alias on Disney+. Apparently, a bunch of the songs were swapped out cause they didn’t watch to pay for them again. So who knows what they are gonna mess with. 

oh, and, right, how could I forget: the large corporations don’t want to play residuals out to anyone for streaming, so they randomly take shit off (i.e. Westworld) or give everyone but the show runner garbage rates. 

We are talking cinema and day and date.