Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Along with Glass Onion, Strange World, Matilda, and Violent Night giving the people some indoor stuff to keep them occupied, did anyone know that there’s also a whole bloody Witcher Spin-Off debuting tomorrow?

7-C975-DAD-8-F7-A-44-C3-952-C-DC5-CD4-E4

I saw a few clips, and it looks atrocious. 

Mind you, I think the first two seasons of the main series are nigh-unwatchable, save a couple decent moments. 

Glass Onion was so enjoyable. Hate that I was unable to catch it during its limited theatrical run. 

16 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

After being laughed at with my predicts dating back with Titanic, sm1, jp Avatar and conquering.

I've learned nothing is impossible. A director and their fans can make the impossible happen.

I'm going High brother Porthos and seeing where I land. One.thing for sure those 40-50+m 4days are history! 

kal the snowstorm is almost over so LET'S GET IT DONE, $135m without snowstorm easy but it's just going to push back the demand and the WOM will be concentrated into one big burst that will send an eywa signal that awakens all the (AVATAR 3: The) Seed Bearers into a frenzy.

56 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Friday was 19.5

Today will be 12.5-13.5

Tomorrow will be 21-23

Monday will be 10M less than your prediction

All of these numbers are out of touch with reality

Yea… the fact that Friday was already reported makes me LOL.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

After being laughed at with my predicts dating back with Titanic, sm1, jp Avatar and conquering.

I've learned nothing is impossible. A director and their fans can make the impossible happen.

I'm going High brother Porthos and seeing where I land. One.thing for sure those 40-50+m 4days are history! 

I mean, I never doubted that, from your posts. 

But you do you. 

47 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Singing 4/10

Dancing 3/10

Moonwalk was overrated. 

Britney has a better voice than Whitney and Streisand.

Lol, you don’t know Gen Z as well as I do. A “poll” that I saw (no clue who was polled since it didn’t have a source) had Lil Huddy listed as a more successful singer than Freddie Mercury.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Friday- Monday

And sure your 26-29

Mine: dec 26-29; 

34-38, 26,

21, 18(99-103m)

December 23-25 (2nd WE) - $54.5M

December 26-29 (M-Th) - $79-83M

December 30-Jan 2 (4-Day 3rd WE) - $58-62M

Puts it at ~$389-397M DOM by the end of the holidays, on its way to a final total between $520-560M.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I don’t think ANYONE was ever predicting 40M 4-day lol. Not sure why the goalposts are being moved.

• Like 7

If TWOW ends up grossing $510M domestic it will suffer the same drop TESB suffered from the original SW back in ‘82, without counting the re-releases.

Nice parallel, especially since they are both

improvements of a groundbreaking original IP.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

But no one predicted those - the contest was 3 day.  Monday was never included, and is likely to be the best day of the 4 day weekend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But no one predicted those - the contest was 3 day.  Monday was never included, and is likely to be the best day of the 4 day weekend.

I'm talking on the web and yes there are some crazy wanting this film to fail folks out there. Black Adam and Ds2 over Avatar 2. I mean cmon now 😂 

4 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

If TWOW ends up grossing $510M domestic it will suffer the same drop TESB suffered from the original SW back in ‘82, without counting the re-releases.

Nice parallel, especially since they are both

improvements of a groundbreaking original IP.

Empire Strikes back is the best Sws film. What the heck happened why it didn't become number 1 all time. That was bizarre fall off. Maybe alot of great films competing with it Brother Roark.

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I'm talking on the web and yes there are some crazy wanting this film to fail folks out there. Black Adam and Ds2 over Avatar 2. I mean cmon now 😂 

I think you're confusing Black Adam and Black Panther 2 - the latter says Avatar could be under $440M DOM (vs Black Adam under $170M which is why I think you have the wrong movie)...I don't see it happening, but it's not completely crazy...

I'd be in the "pushed to $500M" club for my mental min right now...I'd expect something more mid's, but under M37's club, as the likeliest outcome...

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know how many direct sequels to a top 10 DOM film actually increased over their predecessors. Off the top of my head I can only think of Endgame > Infinity War. 

EDIT: Maybe the LOTR films? I know they each increased but I'm not sure of their ranks.

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Can you even quote one post that had Black Adam over Avatar 2?  Or supply one link from some rando on the internet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

I'd be curious to know how many direct sequels to a top 10 DOM film actually increased over their predecessors. Off the top of my head I can only think of Endgame > Infinity War. 

EDIT: Maybe the LOTR films? I know they each increased but I'm not sure of their ranks.

Infinity war did as it left with the biggest cliffhanger if the modern age.

8 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

POTC dead man's chest to POTC curse of the black pearl: 423 to 305.