Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

15 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It was christmas eve but still a saturday. Rogue one made 15.3.

Still under Rogue one, a star wars supposed frontloaded movie, even in the second weekend doesn't seem this incredible

but i'm feeling christmas can be bigger than R1

Of course not incredible but i can only see this being a good showing , a stronger Sat than expected and at worst as good as R1 taking into account a very conservative guess for impact from the storm/weather. So even with a pessimistic reading it puts the R1 comp at a better light and trend than what it was any days ago

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Merry Christmas to everyone - also why the fuck is Puss in Boots flopping/bombing so bad? Am I missing something?

Illumination have re-engineered the brains of family audiences to remove any quality control whatsoever. 

Puss In Boots uses wit, wordplay and character comedy. Who wants that when you can have yellow sausages squeaking while doing badly executed pratfalls and you have loads of massive celebrities doing voiceovers that there is no reason celebrities have to do since they can barely even be recognised and they're delivering dialogue automated by Excel.

It took over a month for people to notice Bad Guys was good, and it eventually came good. We can only hope something similar happens here.

Well the early numbers werent great for Push in Boots but i would guess there is an argument that the weather would affect it more than the rest since deciding to get little kids out of the house and to the theater under hostile cold/wind/snow conditions is an extra hurdle