Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

How am i moving goalposts XXR?. I have said many times on here, which i'm certain you have seen, that i dont care about individual markets, i only care about the WW number. Sure i would love A2 to alo be gigantic in the US, but i dont care as long as WW is huge.

Its the none fans that are holding onto things like individual markets.

If you don't care about Dom then you shouldn't respond to claims about Dom. If you do respond to a claim about Dom, and pivot to WW in response to the Dom focused claim, that is moving the goalposts

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol the black adam and Ds2 were some of the worst bait and laughable predicts. I think some were serious on Ds2 vs avatar 2 though 😂 

Espn Football GIF by ADWEEK

You keep mentioning Black Adam, but do you mean Black Panther? Literally nobody was comping Avatar 2 with Black Adam, A2 went over BA’s worldwide total in less than a weekend.

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think almost all had predicted the movie doing $500M+ domestic and easily win the year WW. And many were arguing and going with trends that how huge breakout movie sequels come down. The doom posts that you are referring are perception of Avatar fans that had huge expectations which didn't match. Others were simply going by the data and trends.

15 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah and how are others doom posting then? Pretty sure majority have it doing in that range?

Yes pretty much everyone here have the same range, this is not what i'm talking about. 

I'm talking about how everytime we celebrate the numbers we're getting someone will just appear and downplay it or say it's supposed to do better because a few members predicted 1B DOM or something. 

I just said it's frustrating. 

Anyway it doesn't bother me usually, i just have to said something because of the most recent example with the "oh this thread is having strong TUE vibes right now" or something commentary. I mean, let people enjoy things, if tomorrow this changes fine, i just don't see the need on criticizing or mock the cheerful vibe of the thread.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

You keep mentioning Black Adam, but do you mean Black Panther? Literally nobody was comping Avatar 2 with Black Adam, A2 went over BA’s worldwide total in less than a weekend.

Nah. Don't take him seriously. He bullshits mostly and will never give proof to what he claims. He will dodge it saying because of rumour I heard , some random guy said somewhere either on YouTube, facebook and what not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Pretty sure that was mainly because of @Brainbug lol

Shoot many including yours truly.  160-205m was happening.🤕

Still the main thing for me was smashing all films ww. If we get the domestic crown fighting storms and other issues this year.  Well thats just some more trophies ontop of already taking all the money and the grand prize brother. And winning tons of film awards to boot.

" Maverick we are coming!"

Meanwhile.....

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes pretty much everyone here have the same range, this is not what i'm talking about. 

I'm talking about how everytime we celebrate the numbers we're getting someone will just appear and downplay it or say it's supposed to do better because a few members predicted 1B DOM or something. 

I just said it's frustrating. 

Anyway it doesn't bother me usually, i just have to said something because of the most recent example with the "oh this thread is having strong TUE vibes right now" or something commentary. I mean, let people enjoy things, if tomorrow this changes fine, i just don't see the need on criticizing or mock the cheerful vibe of the thread.

Fair enough :) . I thought it was something else 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Go back to early posts and search the web. They are there. Along with Ds2 and Bp2 will smoke Avatar lol.

12 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

If you don't care about Dom then you shouldn't respond to claims about Dom. If you do respond to a claim about Dom, and pivot to WW in response to the Dom focused claim, that is moving the goalposts

Well saying 650mil US is anything other than great in this current climate is well just grasping for anything negative you can.

Marvel is the biggest franchise on the planet right now, and Wakanda forever is going to finish with 450mil, a sequel to a 700+mil film.

Poeple keep saying on here that cinema is dying, and the market has changed etc, then try to make out 650mil wouldnt be great.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

🤣🤣🤣

Damn everything went wrong on for B Adam over A2 folks Brother Kayom and Brother Stewart..

😂 Sequel canceled Rock fired, total financial cluster gaylord fawker

Sorry it messed up Henry as Supes tho🤧

We will miss you Mr Caville

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Well saying 650mil US is anything other than great in this current climate is well just grasping for anything negative you can.

Marvel is the biggest franchise on the planet right now, and Wakanda forever is going to finish with 450mil, a sequel to a 700+mil film.

Poeple keep saying on here that cinema is dying, and the market has changed etc, then try to make out 650mil wouldnt be great.

It's crazy to me that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever won't even make $400 M overseas. Maybe not even $380 M. Love and Thunder made more. And even The Batman. 🤯 I now wonder how a Star Wars movie would perform internationally if it was released during the pandemic era.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Anyway i'm done on this discussion, its Christmas guys.

Peace and harmony.😇

Lol Nero has no clue..how DC and Marvel fans were going after Avatar. So I'll put him on ignore btw

It's all over the web ( simple.search) and I believe some folks here also said bp2 and Black Adam for nums above their paygrade. Just happy to.see 2b plus indeed and both those films fail bigtime. While we are looking at avatar 3 and 4 my brother

💪😎

6 minutes ago, jedijake said:

With those Christmas numbers, Av2 should definitely be able to reach $500 m domestic now. Probably over TROS and possibly over Rogue One/Dark Knight.

Looking very good and maybe my 5.4-6x multiplier might just be back on the table brother Jedi

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

With those Christmas numbers, Av2 should definitely be able to reach $500 m domestic now. Probably over TROS and possibly over Rogue One/Dark Knight.

What numbers? I see pages of unfunny clues and played-out jokes. Were actually numbers posted?