Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just want a more serious approach in movie 5. Jokes are fine, but not too much.

I think 5 will definitely be different. Going by the trend 1st Thor was good, 2nd disappointed was very bad, 3rd was great , 4th again disappointed. So 5th seems to be heading for good territory atleast 😅

• Like 2

Deadline

Rivals believe Avatar 2‘s second 4-day weekend can get to $97M-$100M with most off from work today and all schools and colleges on break. Disney says $26M today, Others believes it’s $33M to $36M. We will see. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story posted a 4-day second weekend of $96.1M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nero said:

I think 5 will definitely be different. Going by the trend 1st Thor was good, 2nd disappointed was very bad, 3rd was great , 4th again disappointed. So 5th seems to be heading for good territory atleast 😅

The only time thor was ever good was in infinity war tbh

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Deadline

Rivals believe Avatar 2‘s second 4-day weekend can get to $97M-$100M with most off from work today and all schools and colleges on break. Disney says $26M today, Others believes it’s $33M to $36M. We will see. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story posted a 4-day second weekend of $96.1M.

Disney just go home

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadline

Current estimate is 90 no? I can definitely see it match R1 then maybe go past it

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

It's an estimate. Actuals will come on Tuesday I think 

Based on my experience with holiday estimates, they have this weird thing where they keep issuing "estimates" through the entire holiday period and only correct to actuals after the New Year. I remember NWH estimates coming in below BOT numbers and ppl were like "it'll come up with the actuals" and behold the actuals come New Year were basically the same as the estimates

• Like 1

Just now, Cheddar Please said:

Based on my experience with holiday estimates, they have this weird thing where they keep issuing "estimates" through the entire holiday period and only correct to actuals after the New Year. I remember NWH estimates coming in below BOT numbers and ppl were like "it'll come up with the actuals" and behold the actuals come New Year were basically the same as the estimates

Could be possible but Charlie had higher number and rival studios also seem to be pointing to a better number so it might increase. Even if it doesn't that's a good number 👍

Okay so if Avatar 2 follows Rogue One it will see the following.

Monday- $36.9M ($298.6M)

Tuesday- $25.8M ($324.4M)

Wednesday- $20.7M (345.1M)

Thursday- $19.2M (364.3M)

Third Weekend- $57.6M (421.9M) (-10% drop)

I think this is on the lower. 

• Like 1