Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

38 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Oh, wow. This has just expanded, right? These numbers are LOW. These Oscar contenders can't catch a break.

The streaming service explosion accelerated by the pandemic has effected the box office overall, but those taking the brunt of the force are definitely the smaller Oscar films. Why pay 15 bucks to see something in theaters that you can watch in a month or two on a streaming service you already pay for with no real difference in viewing experience? The visual blockbusters can still draw crowds, but these types are mostly DOA without any star power in it.

Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

65 to 75 million 4 day next weekend ?

I wonder what type of numbers we need to have a good shot at TGM domestically. I guess good days and big weekends. A2 got some time. This is going to be interesting if Monday is 35 Tuesday 26-28 etc

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Rogue One falls off a damn cliff at the start of Jan. Like I said before, Rogue 1 comp until jan, then switch to original Avatar.

We're looking at $870m (+/- 5%) for Domestic here.

Sadly not looking like the billie is within reach, but the Opening Weekend and Snowstorm will be too hard to overcome.

870 mill 😳

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Rogue One falls off a damn cliff at the start of Jan. Like I said before, Rogue 1 comp until jan, then switch to original Avatar.

Sadly not looking like the billie is within reach, but the Opening Weekend and Snowstorm will be too hard to overcome.

$870m / $134m = 6.5x legs. Let's be honest, this was never getting less than Top Gun legs.

anything over 624 million I can spin as a win

$870m / $134m = 6.5x legs. Let's be honest, this was never getting less than Top Gun legs. Those are the legs im hoping for or better. If we still making great numbers in late Jan , we may have to put 900m or better on the table.👍

" Maverick Bank Left"

" Sully Family is coming!"

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Top Gun

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

870 mill 😳

Jimbo is starting to believe again! It's back on the table brother Fm. Depending on the weeks to come.  I'm happy we flying over 600m domestic  and have a shot at certain wingman domestic tally.

"Let's Get It Done!"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but next weekend is just a 3day and not 4day? Am I wrong?

There is no holiday on Thursday or Monday.

Since January 1 falls on a Sunday, governments, schools and non-retail businesses are closed on Monday the 2nd before returning to normal on the 3rd. New Year's weekend is another long weekend.

6 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Jimbo is starting to believe again! It's back on the table brother Fm. Depending on the weeks to come.  I'm happy we flying over 600m domestic  and have a shot at certain wingman domestic tally.

"Let's Get It Done!"

Brother, I never didn't believe. I kept saying it's legs haven't revealed themselves yet because of the snowstorm. People thinking this will gross less than $600m were always trolling. People telling us this clearly doesn't have great WOM are very much going to be hearing it the following weeks.

Brother, I never didn't believe. I kept saying it's legs haven't revealed themselves yet because of the snowstorm. People thinking this will gross less than $600m were always trolling. People telling us this clearly doesn't have great WOM are very much going to be hearing it the following weeks.

Let's take it day by day. As you say legs haven't revealed themselves yet. It could still go either way.

• Like 2