charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I just find the cultish language kinda weird. Especially if in relation to the box office.

that specific sheldon comment has nothing to do with box office/avatar

5 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

If you think Avatar 2 is not for famalies you dont remeber how gory the Pirates 2 3 films got lol? 

It's not about gore. It's about tone. 

Opm is a seinen anime geared toward young adults and no one dies in that show. It's very tame graphic wise. AOT is aimed at teens and people die there all the time.

Of course it's not 1 to 1 but its the point I'm making.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This is a really silly way to define something as a family or kids movie in my opinion but you do you. I just don't think this and Puss in Boots are duking it out for the family and kids audience.

Avatar is a four quadrant franchise just like all the big dogs minus Titanic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

It's not about gore. It's about tone. 

Opm is a seinen anime geared toward young adults and no one dies in that show. It's very tame graphic wise. AOT is aimed at teens and people die there all the time.

Of course it's not 1 to 1 but its the point I'm making.

nah if that’s the case it does way worse. It’s hitting great with families. My 8 year old loved it. Other than one part and I won’t expand on that.

Wow. Avatar 2 easily getting to #2nd of the year and $500m surprises me.

It's a sequel to a movie with near zero longevity in the public consciousness but will comfortably beat all the other franchises. Not sure if climate change is part of the story again, but doing that in spite of the conservative backlash against that is also commendable.

Thought it would only end up with $400m max and more likely $350m which it's past already/soon.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Not sure if climate change is part of the story again, but doing that in spite of the conservative backlash against that is also commendable.

pretty sure that is almost 100% negated by the "family" aspect

Just now, grey ghost said:

Rank these.

Shitposting

Doomposting

Positivity

shitposting is doomposting and serves as a fuel for positivity

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Hoping the drop is in the single digits percentage wise. 

Read my mind. I want it to beat Lightyear so bad!!

Im with you if your talking Puss vs Light year... lol?

Yeah Light year turned me off... Glad for our content creators on youtube who gave me good reasons to avoid that crap. And all the bad reviews didnt help on Light year either 

I like positive movies that inspire... What happened to the Lion King days :(. We had good times rem all on whose Home video Sales would come close to the King.

Not even Titanic can beat the King of the legendary animated movies in this dept.. :)

LONG LIVE THE KING!!

lion king GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1