charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 minute ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

Let's look at some numbers shall we? Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to what the comps are saying right now?

For Friday i reckon? Id guess 23,5 - 24,5M.

Just now, Gkalaitza said:

If they did its good that they used as much nostalgia bait as possible to get people to the theater cause as we know once people got to the theater for A2 the big majority really liked mostly for non nostalgia reasons it a lot and left excited for the future of the franchise and planning to watch the rest. Thats good marketing no? If they failed to bring people to the theaters or after nostalgia baiting people failed to get them invested and exited for Avatar 2 and beyond based on the merits of the film then it would have been bad. But it doesnt seem the case does it ?

We shall see with the 3rd film if it's a part of the club

Just now, Cap said:

I know my place here. I will just got back to Plato puppy pictures

32C5454C-E944-45F1-9536-59D6DACB322F.jpeg

I aplogise if i came on strongly. I wasnt 'attacking' you though like someone else said.

I was just challenging what i didnt agree with, and i hope you realize that.😒

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

We shall see with the 3rd film if it's a part of the club

We will be sure then but saying "well we dont know anything yet" is a bit of coping. Its early feel like we do have a solid idea of most of what i described if we try to look at how the GA has acted and reacted in most countries thus far . That doesnt make A3 a certain 2b success or everything i said 100% true and set in stone but we arent blind here with only the choice to wait 2 years before having any informed take on this

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Thats my 2nd ban warning today. New record for me! But youll never get me truly! Im too careful to cross the line too far!

Thats the neat part, We don’t need a reason. 

You wanna see it, huh huh huh

giphy.gif

• Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

24M

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Hopefully around 24mil

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

For Friday i reckon? Id guess 23,5 - 24,5M.

6 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

21.7?

5 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

23.2M

2 minutes ago, BuzhuWarrior said:

So as of right this moment (and it's not a projection of where it could go or where we think it'll end up) if it follows Wednesday exactly we're looking at 21.3 but if it follows Thursday exactly we're looking at....

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

Just now, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

So as of right this moment (and it's not a projection of where it could go or where we think it'll end up) if it follows Wednesday exactly we're looking at 21.3 but if it follows Thursday exactly we're looking at....

Hide contents

At least its not 14.5

1 minute ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

Hide contents

That’s Outstanding 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I think Avatar 3 will be kind of The Last Jedi to Avatar 2 (TFA) in a box office sense ofc. The novelty of beeing the sequel to Avatar is now gone and Avatar 3 will be "just the next journey to Pandora", which means ofc still HUGE numbers, but anything other than a decline from Avatar 2 would shock me.

Um lets not pretend here that a huge chunk of the GA and fans hating the creative direction of TLJ didn’t have a big time impact on how that one held up… 

The good news is, I don’t think this franchise inspires nearly that much passion for the characters for that to even be a possibility with A3.