charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

11 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Alright lets give this a shot and see how it goes. Will reassess in 2 hours but as of right now I'm gonna go with....

14.5 take it or leave it

Spoiler

no but seriously, I feel like 20-21m is definitely in the cards, given that this film seems to be tracking similarly to NWH's post boxing day dallies

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

If XXR is aying 19-19.75, then i'm going to go 20-21.

I dont mean that as a diss against XXR, its just the film seems to keep hitting 1-2mil higher than the early estimates.

Fair to do and not out of the realm of possibility, I just don't feel comfortable estimating that high when it probably won't be quite that much. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Fair to do and not out of the realm of possibility, I just don't feel comfortable estimating that high when it probably won't be quite that much. 

Anything in the range set out by you two (19.5 to 21) & we’re starting to see a pattern of differentiation from RO. 

10 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

If XXR is aying 19-19.75, then i'm going to go 20-21.

I dont mean that as a diss against XXR, its just the film seems to keep hitting 1-2mil higher than the early estimates.

I don't think XXR always underestimated Avatar2..I remember XXR overestimating A2 slightly last Sunday

Are we really going to dunk on the fine folks that go through the effort of giving us early projections? I value them, and if things change, we can enjoy that and re-evaluate as it comes.

I’m grateful for all early projections - thanks to all who do it for us. It is a treat to all of us, and helps foster ongoing discussion about the numbers.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

I like it how you're doing it, as it means whatver you say should be the minimum.

Obviously there will be the odd day when it ends up lower but i think its right to be cautious with the data you are using.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Are we really going to dunk on the fine folks that go through the effort of giving us early projections? I value them, and if things change, we can enjoy that and re-evaluate as it comes.

I mean...

14hdzs.jpg

(I posted that recently for a reason :lol:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

"how would you feel about 19 for Tuesday"

Isn't that what you said? What was that about

Let it go. They are new to extrapolating the numbers. They made a post about it and it was very early in the day when they made a suggestion. Stop being a pain in the ass about it or you will lose that source of information and discussion.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I’m grateful for all early projections - thanks to all who do it for us. It is a treat to all of us, and helps foster ongoing discussion about the numbers.

Peace,

Mike

I think everyone on here appredciates anyone who's giving early numbers that have actual data producing those numbers.

Poeple saying i think it will go higher or lower doesnt mean they arent grateful.

I mean i even said in my post above 'its not a diss aganist XXR'.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1