charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

I’m just saying that even if you look at the spoiler reaction on this website, there’s definitely people who haven’t written glowing reviews of it. And there’s been a common criticism of the first two hours were boring and third hour was amazing. There’s nothing controversial in that.

I’ve seen a bunch of people complain about the frame rate issue.

all I’m saying is that we don’t know what the next ones gonna bring, in terms of if people are going to show back up again. Or if they’re gonna show up the same way.

and again, it’s not gonna have the open field that it does has this time!

I’m not saying it’s gonna like flop. I’m just saying like let’s keep our expectations in check, because we don’t know how things are going to settle. 💁‍♂️

Yeah and no matter how good a film is, there will always be people that hate said film.

I mean i also hated the HFR, still saw the film 4 times.

Maybe there would be a tiny bit of merit in what you said if A2 was a new orig film, and not the sequel to the biggest movie of all time.

i mean people know its AVATAR, and they know what they are going to be getting. They are still going in droves.

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Maybe there would be a tiny bit of merit in what you said if A2 was a new orig film, and not the sequel to the biggest movie of all time.

All right. Cool. We won’t say anything remotely negative about Avatar. New rule.  Even when we’re not really being negative.

I just want everyone to remember this, because I’m gonna cash in this chip in about six months. 😂

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@ZeeSoh

Heads up. You still have Manchester United. You still can enjoy the masterclass of Harry Maguire.

Reveal hidden contents

I’m still riding high on all the roasting Ronaldo is getting on social media so i’ll let this transgression pass

I’ll suspend you tomorrow

• Haha 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

Yeah and no matter how good a film is, there will always be people that hate said film.

I mean i also hated the HFR, still saw the film 4 times.

i mean people know its AVATAR, and they know what they are going to be getting. They are still going in droves.

At the same time as we have seen with other major franchises that played the nostalgia card. The follow ups suffered from diminishing returns. We can not rule that out for avatar 3

• Like 1

Anecdotal evidence of people who we know that didnt like it or arent excited for the next are of little use when we got audience ratings from like a dozen countries + Cinemascore and equivalents ,all with an aggregate sample size of hundreds of thousands or more that consistently have the movie at 8-8.5/10 or more. With solid legs and great WoM in most markets seeming apparent at this momment. Just to be clear im not claiming some all timer ratings or WoM, or that these are or will be better than the original or than smth like TGM but still ,closer to that than being divisive or with dissatisfaction among a noticable % of the audience

Being 2/3rds bad or boring is common among complaints and negative/neutral reviews but that doesnt mean its common among all general audience reviews and reactions. The vast majority of people that went into the theaters to watch Avatar 2 are quite a bit more excited for Avatar 3 than they were before, and a ton were quite ambivalent or indifferent on the prospect of 3-4 sequels to that franchise. That much is clear i think. Claiming otherwise seems controversial at this point

Edited by Gkalaitza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

All right. Cool. We won’t say anything remotely negative about Avatar. New rule.  Even when we’re not really being negative.

I just want everyone to remember this, because I’m gonna cash in this chip in about six months. 😂

.Peopel can,. and will, say what they want, but this is a discussion forum.

Its just trying to suggest that people are only seeing A2 because there arent any real alternatives, well its  something i would expect from Deep Wang or someone lol.

AVATAR is the biggest movie of all time, and massively popular. Thats why people are seeing it.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I’m still riding high on all the roasting Ronaldo is getting on social media so i’ll let this transgression pass

Reveal hidden contents

Thats my 2nd ban warning today. New record for me! But youll never get me truly! Im too careful to cross the line too far!

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

What nostalgia card did The Way of Water used?

People use the nostalgia card for everything now a days. It’s the go to excuse for (insert whatever theory you want here).

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The same card stat wars and Jurassic park used. The blockbuster that made boatloads of money 10+ years ago is back.

That doesn't count as nostalgia card. It has to be something with the story. A beloved movie making a sequel doesn't automatically fall into the category of nostalgia bait.

10 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The same card stat wars and Jurassic park used. The blockbuster that made boatloads of money 10+ years ago is back.

If they did ,thats good. Its good that they used as much nostalgia bait as possible to get people to the theater cause as we know once people got to the theater for A2 the big majority really liked it mostly for non nostalgia reasons it a lot and left excited for the future of the franchise and planning to watch the rest. Thats good marketing no? If they failed to bring people to the theaters or after nostalgia baiting people failed to get them invested and exited for Avatar 2 and beyond based on the merits of the film then it would have been bad. But it doesnt seem the case does it ?

Edited by Gkalaitza