charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

1 minute ago, adaros said:

I enjoyed second viewing way more than first one also got more used to HFR which at first viewing was more distracting to me

Yeahh 2nd viewing was much more intense. 1st viewing was so overwhelming that you missed alot. 

My 3rd viewing finally put it above the first movie. Cuz it has so much emotions and it dives deeper into pandora. Still the first one has a special place in my heart.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bruce said:

,give you no break for the getting accustomed to the enviroment change,is really weird feeling

thats a really good point and a problem that I also felt in TGM

the transitions were a bit awkward in between scenes, felt a bit stiched together at times

13 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I’d probably go with 6.75 right now 

thats not a fun #

same drop as rogue one would get it to 7.2 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Considering, that this is only half of the originally planned 2nd movie, its good enough story wise.

According to Cameron and Landau , the really good Stuff comes with movie(s) 4+ when things change in a ..

But he can finish the story with episode 3 in a satisfying way, if thing should go wrong, which is very unlikely.

Box Office results of  Movie 2 (top 4 World Wide ?) will make 4 and 5 happen.

..and I have no idea about weekend 4. I predicted 46M for WE3, cos I had a bad day..

So from todays perspective, I will predict 46M again, although I hope its much more..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaos said:

Considering, that this is only half of the originally planned 2nd movie, its good enough story wise.

movie did sometimes feel like 2 hours of a 4 hour story

22 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I’d probably go with 6.75 right now 

This is about what I was thinking, around a 35% Wednesday drop.

From there, perhaps:

THU: 6.1 (-10%)

FRI: 10.4 (+70%)

SAT: 16.6 (+60%)

SUN: 11.6 (-30%)

WKND: 38.6 (-42.7%)

Would be a strong hold from a holiday boosted weekend - given the calendar configuration - and significantly better than Rogue One.

(Also pretty close to my official prediction…. 👀)

I don’t pretend to be great at this though - anyone please let me know if you think my numbers don’t make sense.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

thats not a fun #

same drop as rogue one would get it to 7.2 

6 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Oo yeah was bracing for that, unfortunately.

Yea I don't see it hitting the R1 drop but maybe the evening will be stronger than expected or it'll over-index again. Either way, it's definitely going to be 6.75M +/- 500K

3 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

This is about what I was thinking, around a 35% Wednesday drop.

From there, perhaps:

THU: 6.1 (-10%)

FRI: 10.4 (+70%)

SAT: 16.6 (+60%)

SUN: 11.6 (-30%)

WKND: 38.6 (-42.7%)

Would be a strong hold from a holiday boosted weekend - given the calendar configuration - and significantly better than Rogue One.

(Also pretty close to my official prediction…. 👀)

I don’t pretend to be great at this though - anyone please let me know if you think my numbers don’t make sense.

Peace,

Mike

Numbers look good. Should be 6-6.5x Thursday for the weekend. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Yea I don't see it hitting the R1 drop but maybe the evening will be stronger than expected or it'll over-index again. Either way, it's definitely going to be 6.75M +/- 500K

A bit dissapointing when the orig did 6.9mil. Really thought it would be around 7.5mil today.

Just now, XXR the Conqueror said:

Discount Tuesday wasn't a thing back then, so yesterday was inflated. A2 with no discounts probably does 10% lower Tuesday. 

Yeah its just nice when it stays above the orig film lol.

Still A2 does have a 83mil lead at this point over the orig film so not all lost yet.

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Numbers look good. Should be 6-6.5x Thursday for the weekend. 

Only doubt I have is the runtime. RO did 5.6x the Thursday number for this weekend, but it's an hour shorter than A2.

ROTK (18 minutes longer?) did 8.6x. 

2 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

It'll be down to $70-73M by the end of this weekend. 

Yeah def possible. I still feel its going to go over 40mil though.

Obviously the lead is going to be gone over the coming months, but i just want it to get to 700mil, even if it has to crawl to get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Only doubt I have is the runtime. RO did 5.6x the Thursday number for this weekend, but it's an hour shorter than A2.

ROTK (18 minutes longer?) did 8.6x. 

Sure. NWH did 8.3x Thursday during its 4th WE. We will see how it goes. I don't think it's going to have the +100% Friday or +75% Saturday needed for 8x but I've been wrong before

:facepalm:

• Like 1