CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

Not going to lie, PG13 M3GAN worried me, especially after those reviews, but it looks like it wont of had that much effect on A2's weekend.

I predicted 48mil when i thought M3GAN would have zero effect on A2 (as thats what people were saying on here, counter programing and all that), and in reality its going to be in the 42-44mil range.

So yeah a small effect, but i guess people on here were half right.

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What sort of satsun does he even have in mind for 38 off 11.4 lol, even R1 trend easily gets it over 40 from here

Funny you should ask ...

But also because there is a (surprising) comp from 2016 that has fit/tracked much better over that period: Passengers (albeit at only ~27% of Avatwo's value)

Fwiw, if this trend were to continue, we'd be looking at something like: $11/$7.5/$6.8 / $11.5/$16.5/$10 = $38M (-43%) through Sunday 1/08

Now I fully expect these two titles to diverge on Saturday, as Passengers looks to have been hit especially hard by NFL Playoffs (and possibly Hidden Figures), and Avatwo won't be.  But worth noting that the only titles to get better than +50% on this Sat in 2017 were Sing (+75), Moana (+70) and Rogue One (+57). Again, I think the NFL playoff factor - or more accurately, lack of them - will push those Saturday jump higher overall (followed by bigger Sunday drops), but in the COVID* last year the non-animated films were in the +55-65 range, except for NWH at +79.  (would also presume this is a big travel day for people returning to normal routine, which may cut into potential)

• Like 5

Unrelated to this domestic thread but i have been checking my local multiplex since A2 releazed, and for whatever reason the film is doing better this weekend than last weekend. Shows are higher, especially the 2D shows for some reason.

I'm expecting a good international hold this weekend.

Think this is the weekend where international finaly breaks the 70/30 split with domestic.

Edited by stuart360

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So M3G officially (but not really) takes the top spot at the BO away from Avatwo, ending the run at 21 days. I don’t think it will challenged much over the next 21 days though

1 minute ago, Legion in Boots said:

It’s more than 10% from 3M, not even close. :whosad:for your lack of faith ;) 

No but seriously I misread a 3 as a 2 on a low pixelated img :hahaha:

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

Funny you should ask ...

Now I fully expect these two titles to diverge on Saturday, as Passengers looks to have been hit especially hard by NFL Playoffs (and possibly Hidden Figures), and Avatwo won't be.  But worth noting that the only titles to get better than +50% on this Sat in 2017 were Sing (+75), Moana (+70) and Rogue One (+57). Again, I think the NFL playoff factor - or more accurately, lack of them - will push those Saturday jump higher overall (followed by bigger Sunday drops), but in the COVID* last year the non-animated films were in the +55-65 range, except for NWH at +79.  (would also presume this is a big travel day for people returning to normal routine, which may cut into potential)

While there isnt NFL Playoff action today, don’t forget there are two NFL games that have massive playoff implications that will be played this afternoon. Not saying that will have a huge impact, but saying that the NFL games won’t have any impact at all won’t be the case either…

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Unrelated to this domestic thread but i have been checking my local multiplex since A2 releazed, and for whatever reason the film is doing better this weekend than last weekend. Shows are higher, especially the 2D shows for some reason.

I'm expecting a good international hold this weekend.

Think this is the weekend where international finaly breaks the 70/30 split with domestic.

I wanted to watch it again this weekend but all premium screens are almost sold out.

I’ll go next.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, M37 said:

Funny you should ask ...

It's overall interesting, that with 2016, there was some significant change fro former pattern. 2012 or 2005 had huge friday jumps and muted weekdays. Maybe more schools are still off nowadays. 

Just now, Mr Roark said:

I wanted to watch it again this weekend but all premium screens are almost sold out.

I was going to go today but all the 3D shows were pretty full when i checked this morning, outside of the first row and the ends.

Probably go next week i think.