Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

27 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Thinking Tue, Wed and Thu will be down 30-33% (Tue maybe a bit more due to holiday weekend shenanigans), around +150%/+110%/-42% for the weekend. 

Be careful with that Sunday. This post MLK-weekend was previously the AFC/NFC championship games - and no Sat games - so that’s going to drag down the Sun drop for historical comps. The week after (off week) might be a better guide, and there’s a lot of sub-40%, thinking that’s more what we see this upcoming weekend 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

Is there some kind of record for a super wide release movie (3,000+ theaters) making more money in weekends 2-4 than it made its opening weekend? Because Puss has done that and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. 

The Greatest Showman technically did not go below its opening 3-day weekend until Week 7 but that was with Wednesday opening and Christmas Eve deflation... both of which I suppose apply to Puss as well.

Edited by Jiffy
  • Like 1