Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

did avatar miss 40 million for the 4-day then?

edit: oh, its still an estimate

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

27 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

The latest domestic total show the running total at $571.6m, meaning Monday estimate was actually overestimated by at least 800k. 

I suspected this was the case in my previous comment, this is definitely a movie that will have extremely strong saturdays going forward because it can max out all showings, but fridays and sundays (monday in this week) will have one or two muted showings because of school and work constraints in the same day or following day.

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

did avatar miss 40 million for the 4-day then?

edit: oh, its still an estimate

$39.8m over the 4-day with these updated estimates. Close enough that it could still cross $40m with actuals, but that $0.2m will basically need to come entirely from Monday, as the $32.5m 3-day is basically set in stone at this point.

Edited by hw64
  • Like 1

No NFL on Monday afternoon for that counter-programming boost? 😉

Holiday gross is just a bonus, a lower (or higher) number here doesn’t affect trajectory moving forward 

Edited by M37

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I suspected this was the case in my previous comment, this is definitely a movie that will have extremely strong saturdays going forward because it can max out all showings, but fridays and sundays (monday in this week) will have one or two muted showings because of school and work constraints in the same day or following day.

Tepid.....

1 (1) Avatar: The Way of Water 20th Century… $7,300,000 -37% +110% 4,045 $1,805 $571,501,348 32
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

5hQXzZE.jpg

Dreamworks made a pact with the devil confirmed.

Not sure I agree with that definition of legs, usually you’d go with wide opening weekend. With that definition its multi would be 9x.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1