Krissykins

Weekend Thread - Jan 27th-29th | Estimates - Avatar 15.7, Puss 10.6, Otto 6.75, M3GAN 6.37, Pathaan 5.95 | The Way of Water is the fourth-biggest movie of all time! Eleventh DOM! Zoe Saldana the GOAT

16 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

The emotional peak of the film is not Neteyam’s death scene.

The emotional peak is where his parents see him again thru the spirited tree at the very 

end.

That part is where most of the audience lose it.

100% true.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

I think James Cameron lost his power of making audience burst into tears in Avatar 2

Jake Sully’s son dead in Avatar :The Way of Water make me no crying and not even drop a single tear,but when I saw Arnold dead in Terminator 2,and Jack dead in Titanic,I really sad and depression for a real long time…I remeber when I first saw Titanic as a kid ,I even want Titanic become  a sci-fi movie and let Jack back to life in Titanic 2:The Return of Jack….That’s the fool thinking in my childhood but that’s speaking cameron’s power of emotion buliding…but I saw his power lost in Avatar 2

If Jake Sully really dead in Avatar 3,I really hope he can do same thing like he used to do…

Read the comments!!! You dont make 3 of the 4 highest grossing movies of all time when you lost your power.

I watched the movie for the 4th time, and this scene still hits like a f***** truck. I´m a grown man and avatar 2 and coco were the only movies which brought me to tears.

Edited by dignam

Excellent hold for A2. As expected, Sunday drop was higher due to Championship games but the Saturday jump was excellent. Overall just a 20% drop this weekend

Friday - 3.61M (+150% jump)

Saturday - 7.92M (+119% jump)

Sunday - 4.43M (-44% drop)

On 1/29/2023 at 10:50 AM, M37 said:

Studios so far being very, uh, optimistic with their projected Sunday holds: everything posted so far (Infinity Pool and below) is -33% or better, except House Party. Maybe there's some counter-programming effect for the specialty market, but more likely they aren't factoring in the later NFL schedule and using what was previously the off week between Championship games and Super Bowl as their guide. Expecting all of these numbers so far to come down with actuals

7-CAC9-FB8-B988-4-AFB-A737-D3-EDFD11-F70

Yep, they pretty much all went to high (well except two)

Title = Est / Act

Puss = -36% / -40%

M3G = -45% / -50%

Otto = -49% / -54%

Missing = -48% / -50%

Infinity = -27% / -41%

Some of these may have even been updated estimates this morning

Meanwhile, Pathaan had a -25% Sun, and Left Behind just a -6%

Just now, M37 said:

Yep, they pretty much all went to high (well except two)

Title = Est / Act

Puss = -36% / -40%

M3G = -45% / -50%

Otto = -49% / -54%

Missing = -48% / -50%

Infinity = -27% / -41%

Some of these may have even been updated estimates this morning

Meanwhile, Pathaan had a -25% Sun, and Left Behind just a -6%

I think Pathaan having much lighter drop than others makes sense..it's overindexing in Canada like crazy (28% of OD gross was from  Canada). NFL impact would be significantly lower in Canada than US. Also, Pathaan's audience is mainly Indian origin people and your average Indian American is less likely to watch football than your average American.

• Like 1