Krissykins

Weekend Thread - Jan 27th-29th | Estimates - Avatar 15.7, Puss 10.6, Otto 6.75, M3GAN 6.37, Pathaan 5.95 | The Way of Water is the fourth-biggest movie of all time! Eleventh DOM! Zoe Saldana the GOAT

2 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Yeah he has…..I mean,Sully son’s dead doesn’t make me depression for a long time,like when I first saw Titanic as a kid,I saw Jack dead and it really made my whole day full of dark,I even don’t want to have lunch after saw Jack’s dead,and the emotion last at least one week and I moved on….For Sully’s son dead,I maybe a bit sad when I saw the scene,but I forget it after going out the theater and have a great dinner…so…that’s the difference

I think it again and I thought maybe is the music’s power,My heart will go on is really emotional song but Avatar 2 don’t have same feeling’s background music

The emotional peak of the film is not Neteyam’s death scene.

The emotional peak is where his parents see him again thru the spirited tree at the very 

end.

That part is where most of the audience lose it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*Josh Johnson enters concussion protocols*

I blame you for this, just so you know, M37.

Might want to put some of that blame on the line that keeps getting these QBs hit tbh 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

The emotional peak of the film is not Neteyam’s death scene.

The emotional peak is where his parents see him again thru the spirited tree at the very 

end.

That part is where most of the audience lose it.

This!!!

• Like 1

So, I know that everyone who was gonna pay for Avatar 2 probably has here...and I know Disney seems to put movies on streaming asap...BUT, technically, it's a "no spoilers til streaming" policy still (right?  I might have missed this, too), so folks might want to clean up their posts and responses...

I mean, unless all this stuff is now out in follow on trailers or something...

• Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

So, I know that everyone who was gonna pay for Avatar 2 probably has here...and I know Disney seems to put movies on streaming asap...BUT, technically, it's a "no spoilers til streaming" policy still (right?  I might have missed this, too), so folks might want to clean up their posts and responses...

I mean, unless all this stuff is now out in follow on trailers or something...

The new rules since April 2022 is spoilers are allowed 30 days after release. Avatar’s been out for more than 30 days, so it’s fine.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Eric Slay said:

The new rules since April 2022 is spoilers are allowed 30 days after release. Avatar’s been out for more than 30 days, so it’s fine.

See, I knew I missed something.

30 days, no matter the release made (so same for streaming only ones?)...

See, I knew I missed something.

30 days, no matter the release made (so same for streaming only ones?)...

Yeah, same for streaming movies, streaming shows, etc.

Only real one that really is given leeway are movies that open on platform release. Like it's not fair to spoil Licorice Pizza a month after its 4-theater release when 99% of the people who want to watch it haven't seen it yet because it's not available in their area yet.

• Like 3

This game is just … sad. Not for the lopsided score, but that we were robbed of the potential before it even got going 

O/U on number of passes in 4th Q?
Like …3? (All screens by Purdy)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some days you get the bear and some days...

===

Could be lots of finger pointing, but when it comes right down to it the Eagles played better and the Niners didn't.  

Everything else is just hot air and recriminations.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, M37 said:

This game is just … sad. Not for the lopsided score, but that we were robbed of the potential before it even got going 

O/U on number of passes in 4th Q?
Like …3? (All screens by Purdy)

0 now.  I think after that 4th down play, they are gonna give up.

It's a shame,  Even as an Eagles fan, I think the Eagles started well enough to have a shot to win the game with a standing up SF QB...

But, I didn't expect the Eagles D line to overwhelm the SF O line on one side.  That was truly the entire game.  Everything went through that side of the line in favor of the Eagles - turnovers, sacks, injuries...there was no time for any ball holding today by the SF QBs and yet, they did, and that's where the game went wrong.  SF needed to keep an extra RB or TE for blocking to that side every play after they were down to one QB...

• Like 3

It's a shame,  Even as an Eagles fan, I think the Eagles started well enough to have a shot to win the game with a standing up SF QB...

But, I didn't expect the Eagles D line to overwhelm the SF O line on one side.  That was truly the entire game.  Everything went through that side of the line in favor of the Eagles - turnovers, sacks, injuries...there was no time for any ball holding today by the SF QBs and yet, they did, and that's where the game went wrong.  SF needed to keep an extra RB or TE for blocking to that side every play after they were down to one QB...

For me, it was the Niners defense mentally disintegrating at the end of the first half.  Losing Johnson was just the final nail in the coffin.

(and Greenwall right now showing exactly what I'm talking about) 

But, yeah, the O-line play was... not good.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It feels like they already gave up? I’m not sure what good having Purdy out there just to hand-off does. They didn’t even try like an end around pass, cause why not? Desperate times, desperate measures 

And yeah, I thought Eagles would win, but Niners D and a few big plays on off would make them at least work for it

the matrix GIF

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

This is shocking to watch....

@Porthos we're there any indications of this in hindsight or is it just an all around shock? Asking because I don't really follow the 49ers.

Not gonna win many NFC Championship games when you lose your 4th string QB during it.

• Like 3