Krissykins

Weekend Thread - Jan 27th-29th | Estimates - Avatar 15.7, Puss 10.6, Otto 6.75, M3GAN 6.37, Pathaan 5.95 | The Way of Water is the fourth-biggest movie of all time! Eleventh DOM! Zoe Saldana the GOAT

Just now, Porthos said:

Not gonna win many NFC Championship games when you lose your 4th string QB during it.

I mean, what else is there to say?  Yes, the Niners defense handed the Eagles at least 14 points.  And, yes, Shanahan might have quickly used a time out/challenge at that first quarter play.

But, ultimately?  Lose a 4th string QB very early in the 3rd Quarter?  You're gonna lose that game 99 times out of 100.

• Like 2

Shanahan is one of the best offensive minds but he leaves a lot to be desired as a HeadCoach with his in-game decisions, time management. The first drives of the game today is a decent example. Shanahan should have challenged that Devonta's Smith catch...considering the importance of play and it being a 4th down, even if there was some uncertainity, they should've taken a timeout and then challenged it. Devonta Smith's reaction after the play to hurry up was also bit of a giveaway. Not that Niners would have won this if they challenged that but these are kind of small mistakes which Shanahan keeps making. For such an offensive genius, it's also weird how much conservative he is when it comes to going on 4th downs

• Like 1

Anyway, congrats @4815162342 @Eric Slay, and @TwoMisfits.   

Good luck in the Super Bowl.

Eagles deserved to win this game and the Niners, even with all of the bad breaks they got (and it was a ton), didn't.

Don't really have much to say that hasn't been already as it'd either belabor the obvious or trend into sour grapes.

Edited by Porthos
Forgot about Eric's fandom for a sec - edited in
  • Like 2

Congrats Eagles! Well deserved! Niners were outcoached in this game. It's all on Shanahan. To allow someone like Johnson as a back-up who is clearly not cut for the NFL and looked not coached up properly for the game was a big mistake. Getting Purdy back in the game when it was obvious he can't throw was just pathetic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Congrats Eagles! Well deserved! Niners were outcoached in this game. It's all on Shanahan. To allow someone like Johnson as a back-up who is clearly not cut for the NFL and looked not coached up properly for the game was a big mistake. Getting Purdy back in the game when it was obvious he can't throw was just pathetic.

I do wonder if McCaffery said he was also too hurt or too unprepared to go under center b/c putting Purdy back in was the give up.  They were both coaching McCaffery up, but then treating him for injuries, and I wonder if they decided they didn't want to risk him behind the pourous O-line and uncertain when the Eagles were gonna T off - that they were saving him for next year vs getting a long term injury...

1 hour ago, Dale Cooper said:

A lot of unknowns as of yet, but it does seem to me that the pace has decreased over the past few days. Also, there were reports that pre-sales were more front-loaded for Ant Man than for other Marvel films, which isn't that surprising considering it's kind of an important film for the upcoming MCU films. I really don't think it will be as backloaded as Black Panther over the weekend, though.

Well these are the figures for Zack

Day 22 BP2 - 159773 @ $17.28  = 2.76M v ANT3 - 123252 @ $18.10 = 2.23M and 80.81% of BP2

Day 20 BP2 165623 @ 17.24 = 2.85M v ANT3 127943 @ 18.05$ = 2.31M and 80.80% of BP2

Pacing the same as BP2 over the last 2 days.

that comps to 23/146M 3 day as already said.

Goodluck on 105M and those "reports" and the general vibe about "the pace" and all those "unknowns" which are going to knock it down by over 30% from here.

Edited by Ronin46
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, XXR You Ok Annie said:

Who ya got, Bengals or Chiefs?

music video 80s GIF

I really don’t know or have much of a rooting interest, just want a really good game to make up for NFC stinker 

19 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Nah. It’s not about the longevity, of which Jordan had plenty, it was the total dominance over contemporaries. 

Then it’s more like Wilt (stats) or Russell (championships), neither of which are replicable today … just like Titanic 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Well these are the figures for Zack

Day 22 BP2 - 159773 @ $17.28  = 2.76M v ANT3 - 123252 @ $18.10 = 2.23M and 80.81% of BP2

Day 20 BP2 165623 @ 17.24 = 2.85M v ANT3 127943 @ 18.05$ = 2.31M and 80.80% of BP2

Pacing the same as BP2 over the last 2 days.

that comps to 23/146M 3 day as already said.

Goodluck on 105M and those "reports" and the general vibe about "the pace" and all those "unknowns" which are going to knock it down by over 30% from here.

There are a lot of comps in the tracking thread that have it under 20, and as I said I wouldn't expect a 6.5x multi from previews. 

Mahomes ankle looking pretty good so far.

Also battle of the lines is clearly in the Chiefs favor, again so far.

Neither are good omens for the Bengals, IMO.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1