kayumanggi

THE LITTLE MERMAID | 271.5M overseas | 569.6M worldwide

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Cast a yellow? Really? We aren't in 1957.

There is nothing to call ourselves yellow or yellow-skined in Asia. It is a formal language used here in Asia. “黄种人” We are proud of that and nothing wrong for that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

There is nothing to call ourselves yellow or yellow-skined in Asia. It is a formal language used here in Asia. “黄种人” We are proud of that and nothing wrong for that. 

I remember @TigerPaw telling how people call others Banana, being yellow from outside but white (western) from mind. That was funny.

That said, only half of Asia is yellow, rest is brown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Probably. I was thinking ~4x legs in Europe, ANZ and LATAM. 60 OW to 230-240 full. Asia 15 OW to 30 full.

Rest whatever Japan, I usually just don’t bother thinking about it.

4x legs with competition that is coming up. We will know with 2nd weekend holds as there is direct competition with Spiderverse. 

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

4x legs with competition that is coming up. We will know with 2nd weekend holds as there is direct competition with Spiderverse. 

4x legs in EU isn't really a big deal I think when even MCU is able to do 3x. Aladdin would be around 5-6x range I think.

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Yeah, over here in Hong Kong, the news outrightly call it the age of yellow is coming to USA when EEAAO won sweep the Oscar. Yellow is definitely not a pejorative term here, probably it is because yellow colour is highly associated with Royalty and Wealth,  therefore people aren't offended. 

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

How much of a jump is Spider-Verse expected to have internationally from the first? I doubt it’ll be a threat to TLM tbh. 

Without exaggerating, I think that at least in this case the international total will be higher than the domestic one. So instead of 190M vs 185M something like 250M vs 275M or even 300M vs 325M, we'll see

15 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Yeah, I don't think Europe will increase much for SpiderVerse. Not sure about Asia. Guess both SV and Mermaid could be similar that their main markets will be North America, UK and LatAm.

Agreed though I have doubts on LatAm coming through for both.