GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

My baseline expectation is for a higher OW - not that high, maybe $160ish? - but for more normal legs and a lower DOM total (and prob WW) than 2. 

Assuming its a good film and another visual spectacle, i could see something like 165mil OW, and 4x legs, and get very close to A2 domestic.

International i actually expect a gross bigger than A2, simply because although some markets will probably drop a bit, a proper China gross may well make up for that, and then some.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

My baseline expectation is for a higher OW - not that high, maybe $160ish? - but for more normal legs and a lower DOM total (and prob WW) than 2. 

your baseline is gonna flatline

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Assuming its a good film and another visual spectacle, i could see something like 165mil OW, and 4x legs, and get very close to A2 domestic.

International i actually expect a gross bigger than A2, simply because although some markets will probably drop a bit, a proper China gross may well make up for that, and then some.

We shouldn't have to add this part anymore.

People saying A3 gonna do worse than A2 are predicting that knowing that A3 is going to be just as good

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

People saying A3 gonna do worse than A2 are predicting that knowing that A3 is going to be just as good

I'm just trying to be diplomatic.

There is little doubt in my mind that with a proper China gross, and without post pandemic atendancies, A2 would of made 3bil. Hell it would of been at Endgame level just with a proper China gross AND post pandemic attendancies.

A3 will be a further 2 years past the pandemic, where hopefully more and more people are going back to cinema's. And obviously China probably wont be in a covid outbreak in 2 years.

A3 will gross more than A2, at least WW imo.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yep Especially so but I am also especially excited for A4 since Cameron said that the script when he showed to executives and there was two words response from them "Holy Fuck" and I bet A4 will prob be in the best but I love A1 and A2 and will love the others but I have a feeling A4 will be the best.

Edited by Psylocke
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I'm just trying to be diplomatic.

There is little doubt in my mind that with a proper China gross, and without post pandemic atendancies, A2 would of made 3bil. Hell it would of been at Endgame level just with a proper China gross AND post pandemic attendancies.

A3 will be a further 2 years past the pandemic, where hopefully more and more people are going back to cinema's. And obviously China probably wont be in a covid outbreak in 2 years.

A3 will gross more than A2, at least WW imo.

you can be diplomatic without conceding things!

Yeah it's going to be much easier to make cash worldwide in 2024 excluding some sort of global catastrophe.

There's 3 important things.

1) A2 is loved

2) A3 will be loved
3) Dec 2024 will be 10-30% stronger than Dec 2022 for Worldwide gross

We're in an age of sequels and yet people still doubt the GOAT even when he's following the norm. Makes no sense really... I would love to hear some reasons why A3 will perform worse than A2. We have to bare in mind the 3 things i posted above too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

AM3 has a great Saturday! My theory is the less positive review are just making fans less eager to watch it on preview or Friday. Instead they go during weekend, 

Just think we are reading a little too much  into Saturday number .

MCU has been very consistent and predictable .

Mediocre wom , big second weekend drop then stabilises and don't think it will be any different.

Next weekend total will be 180-185m by end (35-40m)

Even WF couldn't resist a big drop.

MCU is just going to get more front loaded .

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you can be diplomatic without conceding things!

Yeah it's going to be much easier to make cash worldwide in 2024 excluding some sort of global catastrophe.

There's 3 important things.

1) A2 is loved

2) A3 will be loved
3) Dec 2024 will be 10-30% stronger than Dec 2022 for Worldwide gross

We're in an age of sequels and yet people still doubt the GOAT even when he's following the norm. Makes no sense really... I would love to hear some reasons why A3 will perform worse than A2. We have to bare in mind the 3 things i posted above too

Well people are probably just using the 'sequels tend to drop in gross over each film', which is true a lot of the time but not always.

Its not taking into account though that A2 probably lost anywhere from 400mil to IMO 700mil, because of the outbreak in China, something A3 shouldnt have.

And i know not everyone on here believes this but i believe that the further we get past the pandemic, the more and more poeple will come back to cinema's. Attendancies are not a lost cause imo, we just need time for people to realize that nothing beats the cinema going experience.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

your baseline is gonna flatline

I’m really not looking to start this debate already, but …

It’s just normal diminishing returns for a franchise. The only major ones of the last 20 years to avoid that fate and increase were Avengers and LOTR, both of which were building towards a finale, (and even then Ultron was a step back)

3 should drop from 2, not like TFA—>TLJ or JW—>FK mind you, and what happens after will largely depend on story 

EDIT: I’m speaking mostly on Domestic side, WW is more complicated with extenuating factors that may revert 

Edited by M37
  • Like 2