kayumanggi

TALK TO ME | 07.28.2023 | A24 | final gross: $48,299,436

Going wide on July 28, is Australian horror title Talk to Me from Danny & Michael Philippou. The movie in its midnight premiere at Sundance spurred a bidding war with Universal and others before A24 won out. Logline: When a group of friends discover how to conjure spirits using an embalmed hand, they become hooked on the new thrill, until one of them goes too far and unleashes terrifying supernatural forces. The only other wide release on July 28 is Disney’s The Haunted Mansion. Reportedly Steven Spielberg to Jordan Peele loved it and the Philippous vlog about it:

https://deadline.com/2023/03/a24-talk-to-me-past-lives-you-hurt-my-feelings-julia-louis-dreyfus-release-dates-1235281470/

• Like 1

Looks like A24 is going quite wide with this, it's hitting every theater within 15 miles of me. Initial screen allocation also seems strong. A24 needs a box office win this year, after Beau is Afraid made pennies and Past Lives fizzled out faster than I would have hoped. Hopefully this at least can outgross X, Pearl, and Bodies Bodies Bodies, which are clumped around the $10M range.