Eric Prime

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

1 minute ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

INT numbers were good as well. Should do over 100m WW

Considering even the most successful sports movies tend to do in the 50-75 range, I'm very happy with this.

• Like 1

Astonishing for Mario. Just amazing.

This will be one fun run to follow. Speaking just for me, runs for movies that werent expected to blow up THIS much will always be more exciting than runs for movies that were always expected to be gigantic.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Bold idea to make a movie starring a protagonist who never says a single line

Charlie Chaplin has entered the chat

(yes I know his movies have dialogue lol but you know what I mean 😂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am kinda bummed though this didn’t open on Friday now since it coulda had a chance at the animated ow record. I rarely think 5 day openings add a ton to the gross that the movie couldn’t do in 3 days with a normal opening (aside from maybe the holiday season). 

32 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Air (which was incredible) gonna do 60m with good legs this month - a nice number for a film like that!

Well it should go to 69M if you want something really nice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Very possible Mario passes Incredibles 2 (608.5m) for highest grossing domestic animated film

The last time an animated film won the yearly crown domestic was Toy Story 3 in 2010 (415m).

Last time WW was Frozen in 2013 (1.28B)

even further back the last time a Universal movie won the year domestic was the Jim Carrey Grinch

Worldwide it was the original Jurassic Park.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

even further back the last time a Universal movie won the year domestic was the Jim Carrey Grinch

Worldwide it was the original Jurassic Park.

If we would only count calendar year, the last time was 2015 when Jurassic World won DOM (and Worldwide) 🙂

I know this is not how history remembers box office years, but i just felt the need to point out a big achievement by Jurassic World for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If we would only count calendar year, the last time was 2015 when Jurassic World won DOM (and Worldwide) 🙂

I know this is not how history remembers box office years, but i just felt the need to point out a big achievement by Jurassic World for some reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1