Eric Lasagna

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Matt Walsh said he walked out of his rehearsal when his Union informed him that DWTS is struck work.

I got so confused as to why Matt Walsh is showing his support for the union and then Googled and realised it's a different Matt Walsh. He needs to reclaim the Matt Walsh name from the crazy commentator.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I got so confused as to why Matt Walsh is showing his support for the union and then Googled and realised it's a different Matt Walsh. He needs to reclaim the Matt Walsh name from the crazy commentator.

It's the good matt walsh

The good Matt Walsh worked for the daily show and was on Veep. The bad Matt Walsh works for The daily wire and has whined about all anime being satanic ( and he wants to lower the age of consent)

Hope I cleared that up for everyone 

Edited by Reddroast
  • Like 1

Important to remember that even if both parties agree to a deal it will still take a few weeks for voting to occur within the guild’s members (it took three for the DGA). So if something’s set within the next two days, it won’t be ratified until like mid-October.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Important to remember that even if both parties agree to a deal it will still take a few weeks for voting to occur within the guild’s members (it took three for the DGA). So if something’s set within the next two days, it won’t be ratified until like mid-October.

The last strike in 2008 ended when they agreed on the deal but before it was ratified, so an agreement could still mean an immediate end to the WGA strike.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Matt Walsh said he walked out of his rehearsal when his Union informed him that DWTS is struck work.

My guess is that they (technically correctly)heard that it wasn't struck by SAG, and just didn't consider the writing part. But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it now that it's become clear it's struck.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Agatha Harkness Evil Laugh GIF - Agatha Harkness Evil Laugh Lol - Discover  & Share GIFs

I knew it! None of the SAG members involved this season wanted a massive target on their backs like Drew Barrymore. Now the show can either sue any SAG members for dropping out, go forward without them (essentially booting them from the competition before it started)--which would be even more bad PR--or postpone the debut.

I still can't believe DwtS employs 500 people. Even in their heyday of 2 episodes a week and 20 million viewers, I would have figured half of that, maybe? And just one WGA writer-not even two for backup?

42 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

It's the good matt walsh

The good Matt Walsh worked for the daily show and was on Veep. The bad Matt Walsh works for The daily wire and has whined about all anime being satanic ( and he wants to lower the age of consent)

Hope I cleared that up for everyone 

DwtS has cast a lot of conservative figures through the years so either Matt Walsh was a possibility for the show.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

35 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

The last strike in 2008 ended when they agreed on the deal but before it was ratified, so an agreement could still mean an immediate end to the WGA strike.

Yeah. If they reach a deal today, writers will likely come back to work for Monday.

The ratification is to ensure that members agree to the deal, but the WGA strike would be stopped with the deal.

In the (unlikely) case, the writers vote NO to the new deal, the WGA will return to strike.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kon said:

Yeah. If they reach a deal today, writers will likely come back to work for Monday.

The ratification is to ensure that members agree to the deal, but the WGA strike would be stopped with the deal.

In the (unlikely) case, the writers vote NO to the new deal, the WGA will return to strike.

Will they, werent the wga looking for a provision in the deal that will allow them to honour picket lines and refuse work?

16 minutes ago, darkangelfire said:

Will they, werent the wga looking for a provision in the deal that will allow them to honour picket lines and refuse work?

I don't think that provision is so important for the WGA, since supporting SAG strike won't benefit them anymore.

Also, I really doubt the AMPTP will accept a deal with that provision. They are making a deal so the writers came back to work.

Edited by Kon

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

My guess is that they (technically correctly)heard that it wasn't struck by SAG, and just didn't consider the writing part. But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it now that it's become clear it's struck.

It does seem nuts that someone who's a writer as well as an actor would not know DWTS employed a single WGA writer.