kayumanggi

BARBIE | 809.4M overseas | 1445.6M worldwide

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

They did - 

I don't know if those online twitter crowd is necessarily the target audience anyway though. There are always these noisy political crowd, usually of a certain age, that gets outraged at almost everything here and complain about it online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

I don't know if those online twitter crowd is necessarily the target audience anyway though. There are always these noisy political crowd, usually of a certain age, that gets outraged at almost everything here and complain about it online.

It was the same crowd that was heavily awaiting Barbie Release Until US Accounts tweets were discovered. I took few looks into many account history - they were explaining the phenomenon of #Barbenheimer. 

Largely people don't have issues with Internet Sensation but when Official responsed it just turned tables (making it look like Movement was official not fan-made) Since, it was not a direct post and just a reply to DF, it took time to reach here.

Community Notes also just made situation ugly as Official of US Account actually never meant to offend Hiroshima &Nagasaki Victims ahead of Memorial Ceremony.

Edited by Issac Newton

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nah. I would not go by just minority crowd who are making noise for ridiculous reasons. Barbie does not have anything controversial for Japan unlike Oppy. That was a crappy marketing on social media for which they can apologize and move on. 

On contrary could increase the buzz considerably. And since there’s nothing controversial about actual movie, there won’t be any backlash that may hurt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

It was the same crowd that was heavily awaiting Barbie Release Until US Accounts tweets were discovered. I took few looks into many account history - they were explaining the phenomenon of #Barbenheimer. 

Largely people don't have issues with Internet Sensation but when Official responsed it just turned tables (making it look like Movement was official not fan-made) Since, it was not a direct post and just a reply to DF, it took time to reach here.

Community Notes also just made situation ugly as Official of US Account actually never meant to offend Hiroshima &Nagasaki Victims ahead of Memorial Ceremony.

The timing of all this is not ideal for sure. And it's really the marketing team who tried to capitalize on the internet sensation of it all. And that tweet was from when the movie was released in July 21st right? So it's kind of coming back to bite them on the butt.

But what they should really do is to maybe report those bots who are trying to sell those mash up t-shirts, which imagery is kind of the triggering point for many here. I am surprised nothing has been done to them even in that apology post.

1.030M second monday in Italy. Just -25% from Sunday and -32% from last monday. 

This was the 12th consecutive day over 1M and at least of surprises they will be 14.

Neither the last Zalone movie did It if I'm not wrong. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Yojimbo said:

The timing of all this is not ideal for sure. And it's really the marketing team who tried to capitalize on the internet sensation of it all. And that tweet was from when the movie was released in July 21st right? So it's kind of coming back to bite them on the butt.

But what they should really do is to maybe report those bots who are trying to sell those mash up t-shirts, which imagery is kind of the triggering point for many here. I am surprised nothing has been done to them even in that apology post.

Bots are kinda lot annoying. I don't know if anything can be done. Yes, it's the tweets of @Barbiethemovie responding to @DiscussingFilm tweet of fan-art.

「It's going to be a summer to remember😘💕

— Everything started from here. Though many didn't discovered - 「This Ken is a stylist😉」(responding to Mushroom Hair)

My Quick thought is that they shouldn't have reacted to any fan-arts - Just have let things go as usual like Oppenheimer. Then, it won't have rise a crisis 😕

Obviously, now all Western Media have reported the outrage and now I am waiting to see if US Headquarters of Warner Bros are going to reponse or not..

Correct a word -

Edited by Issac Newton

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Obviously, now all Western Media have covered up the outrage and now I am waiting to see if US Headquarters of Warner Bros are going to reponse or not..

I assume you mean covered what happened? Since there's articles on it in Guardian, Bloomberg, BBC, Variety, etc