Eric Atreides

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

https://deadline.com/2021/05/john-david-washington-gareth-edwards-true-love-new-regency-1234750641/

EXCLUSIVE: After recently working together on David O. Russell’s next pic, John David Washington and New Regency are reuniting as Sources tell Deadline the Golden Globe and SAG nominated Washington is on board to star in Gareth Edwards next pic True Love for New Regency. The film is an original sci-fi project written and directed by Godzilla helmer Gareth Edwards. Kiri Hart will serve as a producer on the project along with Edwards. New Regency will produce and finance the film.

Not much is known about the plot other then it being described as a near future sci-fi story.

After directing the Star Wars spin-off Rogue One to worldwide success, Edwards had been developing several projects, wanting to make sure his next project was the right one before committing. He finally committed to that film last year and once the package hit the market, New Regency jumped at the opportunity to work with him.

• Like 1

This just shot up on my anticipated list, didn't realize it had been shot yet. I'm lukewarm at best on Godzilla 2014 and Rogue One but the man has an undeniable eye for visuals. Those films have a massive sense of scale and weight to it, that's very rare in a lot of big movies of its ilk. I just hope the script is up to par.