Eric the Ape

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

18 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This is imo the best a genre theatrical film has looked since 2019. Super excited.

I'm trying to think of a 2019 genre film that looked better than Tenet or Dune or Nope or Avatar. Nothing comes to my mind.

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just realized, ur probably talking about KOTM lol

Indeed but I don't really want to litigate/debate it, everyone has their own takes/opinions etc. (Not saying you would but just saying pre-emptively.)

The way they edited the trailer really remind a Netflix Original but this looks absolutely gorgeous and ambicious, directing seems strong as well 

It just need a good script, which means go beyond the simple emotional hook they sell on trailer

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Looks good! Missed Edwards the director. I don't say this kind of opinion too often because I like being positive but I'm still really waiting for Denzel's son to show me something as an actor. I am very unimpressed. Even Black KKKlansman suffered due to this. So that's dampening my excitement tbh.

Same, I find him to be a very bland presence (though I suppose no actor could've made that insufferable Malcolm & Marie character easy to tolerate). Guess it's not really his fault he's destined to live in his father's shadow but still, disappointed he's yet to wow me in anything.

Definitely see where the Blomkamp comparisons are coming from but it certainly looks worthy of seeing on the big screen. Doubt it's a hit in theaters but have to applaud that studios are still bankrolling really expensive sci-fi movies not based on pre-existing source material like this instead of relegating them to streaming services...anyone know what the budget for this is because it sure does look expensive, like $150M+ budget levels of polished visuals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

This looks absoFRIGGINlutely incredible!!!! 

Is this an original story or is it based on a book? Regardless, this is what cinemas need-something new and epic!!!

This is an original story by Gareth Edwards with a screenplay by Edwards and Chris Weitz.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Hello all. This came out of nowhere. Wasn’t even aware of it’s existence until today. 

A trailer was shown at CinemaCon this year. Those who have seen it were pleasantly surprised.