kayumanggi

SATURDAY NIGHT | 09.27 [exclusive] | 10.04 [limited] | 10.11.2024 [wide] | Sony | Jason Reitman directs | official trailer on page 2

20 hours ago, emoviefan said:

It looks good while also looking way more dramatic then the real story actually probably was at that time. It seems like they want to ,make it seem like all the ego's and fighting and drama and rampant drug use were going on that first night and they  probably were to a certain extent but not this much at first. 

I also think making the  NBC execs such over the top evil villians is a bit much.

8 hours ago, BK007 said:

Probably didn't actually happen like that.

Absolutely. I find the whole the evil Netowrk execs trying to sabotage the show angle to be silly. why the hell would they spend the money Just to make Michales fail rather then just not give him the money in the first place.

ANyway, I find the whole "Evil suits versus the creative artist" to have become a tired cliche. It's not that simplistic in real life

• Like 1

I'm excited for this movie but for some reason can't help but be amused every time I remember that Dylan O'Brien is playing Dan Aykroyd. Struggling to picture studio executives even circa the 70s deeming the Aykroyd of that era being teen-idol-y enough to headline things like the Maze Runner movies or a failed action franchise starter like American Assassin.

Edited by filmlover

Can somebody explain to me where this whole "David Ehrlich hates it, so it must be good" thing came from? Because I saw this when he said Alien: Romulus and Dune 2 weren't all that, And like...he liked Twisters, he liked Longlegs, he liked Challengers, First Omen, Bad Boys, Furiosa, Planet of the Apes, Fall Guy, Wonka, Iron Claw, Songbirds and Snakes. He seems no different from any other movie critic out there.

14 hours ago, Eric Ripley said:

Can somebody explain to me where this whole "David Ehrlich hates it, so it must be good" thing came from? Because I saw this when he said Alien: Romulus and Dune 2 weren't all that, And like...he liked Twisters, he liked Longlegs, he liked Challengers, First Omen, Bad Boys, Furiosa, Planet of the Apes, Fall Guy, Wonka, Iron Claw, Songbirds and Snakes. He seems no different from any other movie critic out there.

I remember seeing his name alot because of his Joker review.  I think, his Letterboxd review kinda went viral in the movie nerd world.  When movies were coming back to theaters he really didnt like Godzilla vs Kong and Dune.  This is really when Id see "if Ehrlich hates it, it must be good stuff".  I could be wrong and he didnt like something earlier.  Like you said, its odd because he agrees with the mainstream consensus the majority of time but disliking the Joker was a big no no in some people's POV and they never forget, lol. 

https://letterboxd.com/film/joker-2019/

On 9/1/2024 at 5:23 PM, Eric Deetz said:

I don't know this meme but someone's study of the correlation between major film critic's outlet film rating & budget found Indiwire (a significant chunk of which will be Ehrlich) was 2nd/30 and indiewire score would place it ~20th/106 critics. 

https://stephenfollows.com/do-film-critics-punish-films-with-bigger-budgets/

Correlation-between-film-critics-scores-

There's obvious messiness with this study but that's probably at least an indirect proxy.