Eric Prime

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

3 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

its how zoomers communicate

In the office they just respond to long messages with ok then wonder why they get a poor performance review or get fired 

I’m younger than Erik, it’s not a zoomer thing. It’s more of a twitter thing than anything.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I remember after the Oscars happened A24 was hyping up how they were going to make more midbudget titles like Beau in the future, and that always felt a little too premature for a company that's only had one movie make over $100 million worldwide. And while I don't think they had sky-high hopes for this movie to break out, I wouldn't be surprised if they reverse course and stick back to their microbudget roots.

10 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I love it when the mods just reply “okay” to things they disagree with. They’re so cool.

No, they say "okay" because they don't have any good counterarguments to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

I’m younger than Erik, it’s not a zoomer thing. It’s more of a twitter thing than anything.

it's an "I don't have an argument and i want to look like i'm above this conversation" thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Willowra said:

No, they say "okay" because they don't have any good counterarguments to that.

I just like using "okay" because I think saying it is funny and/or I'm just not interested in continuing an argument or conversation. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think saying "okay" is a bad thing or something a mod shouldn't do. It's just a word.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

True just a lot of my younger cousins or friends i know respond to a whole speech or whole amount of text with okay.

Then they be like 'that person didnt message me back" and to old people saying okay will piss them off lol 

Be honest I do the same, I either just ignore people who respond with okay. 

but not surprised young people or online type people are so alone these days. Self-centered views of social interaction rub off people the wrong way over time. 

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, I Am Eric said:

I mean even if Chadwick was still with us, Black Panther 2's box office would probably be the same? Like the first Black Panther had a major novelty factor and hype that you can't replicate in a sequel. It was always going to drop. Its drop was no different than a Chamber of Secrets or Lost World or whatever

I don't really agree on the novelty factor. Enough other franchises don't act that way - its far from HP/JP in terms of concept. If Chadwick had survived to film it I think its bigger purely because its probably fun - the wom I've heard was awful, they just got too much inside their own thoughts (understandable) and forgot to make a fun CB movie.

3 minutes ago, I Am Eric said:

I just like using "okay" because I think saying it is funny and/or I'm just not interested in continuing an argument or conversation. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think saying "okay" is a bad thing or something a mod shouldn't do. It's just a word.

It’s not bad for a mod. You and Cap just do it a lot, and are the only ones that do it. Keep doing it if you want, it’s just annoying.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, I Am Eric said:

ok

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

So after Mario, how long do you guys think we'll have to wait untill the third animated movie over $500M domestic? My bet is on Frozen 3 or Shrek 5 so between two and three years, maybe Toy Story 5 depending on if the story they sell on the trailers looks like another movie (still will make money) or there's an actual hook like what Dreamworks is doing with Kung Fu Panda. 

Frozen 3 could do it, but they need to reverse the negative perception of Disney+ first before any Pixar or WDAS film can reach those heights again. Too many familes are content waiting a few months to watch their films for free on Disney+. If the window were extended to at least 6 months, maybe that could start to shift things back to the way they were.

• Like 1

If WF were better and more iconic than BP and Boseman were around to be in the movie then it would be this generation's Star Wars...but only for young African-Americans.

You just can't expect Afrofuturism, and Afrocentricism to hit the same nerve with non-black audiences. Or a superhero movie to become an obsession for black boomers.

10 minutes ago, I Am Eric said:

When people say OK to some long opinion/rant, I generally think this is the vibe they're going for:

e26.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5