Eric is Quiet

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

35 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

So after Mario, how long do you guys think we'll have to wait untill the third animated movie over $500M domestic? My bet is on Frozen 3 or Shrek 5 so between two and three years, maybe Toy Story 5 depending on if the story they sell on the trailers looks like another movie (still will make money) or there's an actual hook like what Dreamworks is doing with Kung Fu Panda. 

I highly doubt KFP4 has the juice to get to 500M. Yeah, Frozen 3 and Shrek 5 are likely the best chances. Maybe Zoot2pia?

17 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

:whosad:

Digital is out.. But to be fair, theater chains are respectful of Paramount, it is holding theaters far better than JW4 despite JW4 outgrossing it every weekend.

it was maybe funny 11000 times ago. even i've surely done it a couple of times a while back when somebody replied to one of my posts with some unhinged non sequitur but it's annoying now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If WF were better and more iconic than BP and Boseman were around to be in the movie then it would be this generation's Star Wars...but only for young African-Americans.

You just can't expect Afrofuturism, and Afrocentricism to hit the same nerve with non-black audiences. Or a superhero movie to become an obsession for black boomers.

That’s a tribal way to look at things. Black Panther did well with all races. 

• Like 1

Priyanka Chopra not having a particularly great month with Citadel's awful reception and now Love Again. She really needs to refocus her Hollywood career in a big way. She hasn't had that one big well received movie yet.

8 minutes ago, XXR Metro Boomin said:

I don't think I've ever seen Cap do it. 

Ive seen her do it a couple of times. One time to me when she was talking about how she didn’t understand why people wanted Blanchett to win 3 Oscar’s. I replied well some people think she’s the greatest living actor. And that got the Okay reply from her.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I don't really agree on the novelty factor. Enough other franchises don't act that way - its far from HP/JP in terms of concept. If Chadwick had survived to film it I think its bigger purely because its probably fun - the wom I've heard was awful, they just got too much inside their own thoughts (understandable) and forgot to make a fun CB movie.

Okay if there was no novelty what other big budgeted afrofuturistic blockbuster that glorifies Africa has there been?

1 minute ago, YM! said:

I highly doubt KFP4 has the juice to get to 500M. Yeah, Frozen 3 and Shrek 5 are likely the best chances. Maybe Zoot2pia?

Oh no I didn't mean KFP4 making $500M 😂 I was talking about Pixar making something similar for Toy Story 5 in the sense of returning characters. I think Woddy and Andy reunion would be highly anticipated by fans. Sure, fan service after TS3 ending but nostalgia has worked for them so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Priyanka Chopra not having a particularly great month with Citadel's awful reception and now Love Again. She really needs to refocus her Hollywood career in a big way. She hasn't had that one big well received movie yet.

Viewership for Citadel seems strong though. A lot of people in my life are watching the show and like it which shocked me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

To be fair, I don't think she's that good an actress. Maybe her Bollywood stuff is better, but I've seen her in stuff like White Tiger and Matrix Resurrections and Quantico and she's always been the weakest part. Would love to be proven wrong of course.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Oh no I didn't mean KFP4 making $500M 😂 I was talking about Pixar making something similar for Toy Story 5 in the sense of returning characters. I think Woddy and Andy reunion would be highly anticipated by fans. Sure, fan service after TS3 ending but nostalgia has worked for them so far. 

Pixar doesn’t really have one. Maybe a MI2/Nemo 3/Incredibles 3 are a better bet than a TS5 which honestly feels cash-graby moreso than Dory or MU. The late 2000s stuff is popular but I don’t think any sequel potential is there and with Asner dead a sequel feels all types of wrong. 2010s had few originals and I think IO2 at best maxes out at Dory numbers and I am not sure how you do a Coco sequels. 2020s is in the boat of the plus having an effect and I’m not sure a sequel to any makes sense like a lot of Pixar movies, who knows maybe a 2020 original later in the line does numbers to justify a franchise.

Edited by YM!

4 minutes ago, JohnCarterofEarth said:

That’s a tribal way to look at things. Black Panther did well with all races. 

No it's not tribal.

BP is no where close to Star Wars with non-blacks.

That's factual.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Is she even that well-regarded as an actress? I've yet to see her in anything where she truly impressed me. 

Not that the failure of Love Again can be blamed on either her or Outlander guy not having much star power. The studio knew it was a dud (didn't screen it for critics) and understandably dumped it.