Eric the IF

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

I don’t understand where this idea that Nolan has lost favor with the general audience came from. If anything, Tenet doing as much as it did despite the circumstances of its release and a more mixed response than his last few films showed that he’s still one of the few name directors.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, screambaby said:

Indy 5 thread will be  good for ton ,of laughs

Nah. It will lead to same endless “grr Disney bad” whining that is in this thread. That shit is tiring and obnoxious.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Prince Eric said:

Nah. It will lead to same endless “grr Disney bad” whining that is in this thread. That shit is tiring and obnoxious.

I meant from me cause I was hoping it would be good and make money...I laugh to stop from crying

21 minutes ago, cahramel said:

Do you guys think an Anastasia live-action (remake?) would be a hit? I feel like there's a big opportunity there and don't understand why Disney never announced anything.

NO. Don't give them any ideas. Leave that movie alone.

21 minutes ago, cahramel said:

Do you guys think an Anastasia live-action (remake?) would be a hit? I feel like there's a big opportunity there and don't understand why Disney never announced anything.

Pretty sure that's Don Bluth after he parted ways with Disney. Not sure which studio but don't think it's Disney. Maybe if it was a Fox thing, they own the rights now?

3 minutes ago, Prince Eric said:

It has gotten tiring especially given pretty much all other big studios while maybe not quite as egregious are guilty of the same tendencies. Anytime I leave this place for a spell, I kinda forget how many here truly have an axe to grind with the mouse house. I get why but it is, as you say, tiring.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pretty sure that's Don Bluth after he parted ways with Disney. Not sure which studio but don't think it's Disney. Maybe if it was a Fox thing, they own the rights now?

Anastasia is a Fox Animation Studios movie. Disney owns Fox, so its their IP now. Sadly.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1

Disney took some big swings letting directors do pretty much whatever they wanted to with John Carter, Wrinkle In Time, Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland, etc... I mean, I honestly like a few of those a lot even but must've felt burned so they play it a bit too safe these days. 

6 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Anastasia is a Fox Animation Studios movie. Disney owns Fox, so its their IP now. Sadly.

I mean, the only Don Bluth anything that I'd rather they didn't touch is Secret of the NIMH. Anastasia probably isn't popular enough to even do what they've done with Aladdin, Mermaid, Cinderella, etc. I think you're good.

8 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

NO. Don't give them any ideas. Leave that movie alone.

I mean, if they do want to keep making these unnecessary live actions movies, why won't they go for the ones that can actually be hits instead of something like a Snow White movie nobody asked for and that'll absolutely flop? 

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean, the only Don Bluth anything that I'd rather they didn't touch is Secret of the NIMH. Anastasia probably isn't popular enough to even do what they've done with Aladdin, Mermaid, Cinderella, etc. I think you're good.

I feel like Anastasia is really popular among millennials.

13 minutes ago, cahramel said:

I feel like Anastasia is really popular among millennials.

Maybe the younger millennials? I'm one of them but guess I'd be considered an older millennial. 

Poking around on the Disney+ looking at the older classics they've done... One that I love that, if done well, maybe could be big with an update is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I'm sure there are others like that they could update and do large with a Verbinski type filmmaker.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

14 minutes ago, cahramel said:

I mean, if they do want to keep making these unnecessary live actions movies, why won't they go for the ones that can actually be hits instead of something like a Snow White movie nobody asked for and that'll absolutely flop? 

Because they'll find a way to screw it up. As always.

I'd be fine with a Titan AE remake though. Or Black Cauldron.

Edited by Boxx93

13 minutes ago, cahramel said:

Yeah the really massively insanely popular animated movie...........Anastasia lmfao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Poking around on the Disney+ looking at the older classics they've done... One that I love that, if done well, maybe could be big with an update is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I'm sure there are others like that they could update and do large with a Verbinski type filmmaker.

They tried a couple of times with people like David Fincher and James Mangold but nothing ever got off the ground. I think a D+ series is in the works though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cahramel said:

If the hire a white woman it’ll smash at the BO

Edited by joselowe

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

KOTM is the wet dream of every Godzilla fan. The script is terrible, but all the monster scenes are amazing. I will forever be thankfull for Michael Dougherty that he made this movie. When it comes to willingly overlook flaws with a movie, im even worse with KOTM than i am with the Jurassic World sequels.

KOTM only fixed one of the problems with Gareth Edward's Godzilla 2014 movie which was actually showing the monsters, but it still didn't have any real thrills or fun with it.  Its just so drab, dour, and lifeless with no excitement in it.  This was the same problem with his Star Wars movie imo where everything was just so boring.  Also, if you're doing an extended monsterverse, introducing and killing off Ghidorah in 1 movie feels like a mistake.

It took 3 movies but Hollywood to finally figured it out with Godzilla VS Kong.  Well done guys.