Eric Loves Rey

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Educating them is like punching a brick wall. It's damn near impossible. You underestimate how spiteful and stubborn they are.

There's still got to be a better way than threatening violence in return, they use that shit as ammunition against the people they hate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I have a question to mods why isnt this post deleted if we cant talk about race and such issues in this thread

No issue with the post, just saying apply a rule or dont XD 

I mean I already posted that we were stopping this conversation altogether. This gives context as to what happened and why I made my mod warning so everybody understands what is going on. If Claire does this again, she will get warning points. Simple as that really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Yes, they had that here in Northern Toronto as well for about 2 months and then they completely got rid of it. They knew guys like me were taking advantage of it and they were losing money. I can't speak for other parts of North America but here in Toronto and surrounding area they gouge you every single way they can when it comes to movies, actually pretty much for everything but that's a conversation for a different time.

Yeah before I discovered this I was going to the movies maybe 5 times a year because of how expensive it is. I hope they never get rid of it because I've seen 55 movies so far this year I go see any new release that comes out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prince Eric said:

I mean I already posted that we were stopping this conversation altogether. This gives context as to what happened and why I made my mod warning so everybody understands what is going on. If Claire does this again, she will get warning points. Simple as that really.

ok :)

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Everytime anyone writes about racism - you all are directing all your comments towards me because you all don't like East Asia. Kindly please stop.. it's really bothering me 

Am I missing something? I don't see any replies or tagging of your name in that exchange.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Eh... Not domestically though. Flopping is quite a stretch is quite a stretch too. 

It's gonna end with Quantumania totals +/- 50 million worldwide on a budget 50 million higher. 

It is a flop, no doubt about it. 

Opening weekend was frontloaded. The IM was on par with Fast X (≈9.2x), despite that being the 10th installment in a fan-driven franchise that is running out of gas domestically, and this being a female-skewing PG kids movie. I have extremely low expectations for the legs, and would not be surprised if drops 60%+, if not 65%+ next weekend.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Legend supporting legend

Best Chloe And Halle GIFs | Gfycat

I feel like i can actually see the difference between them now after seeing Halle in TLM and Chloe in Swarm😍

Chloe on the left and Halle on the right.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Eh... Not domestically though. Flopping is quite a stretch is quite a stretch too. 

It depends on the legs. If the legs are bad, it could really be a flop.

The Little Mermaid needs 500 million to break even, it's possible the box office doesn't reach that number.