Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

If Warner is smart they would beg for James Gunn to make ScoobyDoo 3 with the OG cast 

Now that would be a smash hit, Gen Z absolutely adored this live action (the first movie especially), i swear every week i see a viral about this movies praising them 

This week was this one: 

• Like 3

The most iconic and memorable thing about the Batman Burton movies was the incredible gothic architecture and all the grimy neon-funk tone. Judging by the Flash trailers, Bruce Wayne has apparently set up shop in Charlotte, North Carolina.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I forgot about the Hunger Games as a live action 2010s franchise. It's amazing how quickly those fizzled out after the first two were such insane hits. I doubt the new one even hits 120. Another mishandling of a potentially potent IP.

Nothing was worse than the way Divergent just fell off the face of the Earth.

I've never seen a franchise implode like that.

3 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

Honestly at this point they'd be better off bringing Tim Burton back. Wednesday was well received and it looks like Beetlejuice 2 will be a hit. With or without Keaton I think he still has it in him to make a weird and interesting Batman movie that'll look a lot better than than the CGI monstrosity of The Flash..

What they should be doing is to stop endlessly chasing the shared universe, and just make good solo, stand alone movies. We have a great Batman already, in a series that's already proved to be popular and successful. The Batman 2 will likely clear a billion. Gunn's Superman Legacy could also be a great trilogy of movies, to compliment it. But in the constant need to copy Marvel, they are making the same mistakes over and over. The audience will probably continue to punish them for it at the box office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Is there any specific reason (other than covid related delays) as to why Elemental budget is so high at nearly $200M ? I was surprised when I learned ATSV budget was only $100M whereas Elemental is $200M...didn't make much sense to me. It's not Elemental has some huge cast either

Every Pixar movies costs 175-200M for years now 

Is because of tech development, not very different from Avatar budgets. Of course they use the technologies in other movies even for other studios, but they create them while producing the Pixar movies. 

Elemental for example had a entire VFX team working just on the lead characters because they’re purely visual effects instead of a usual animated model. 

I guess Spidey animated movie is cheaper mainly because they embrace the unpolished look of many elements in scene as aesthetic, and it is indeed very creative and gorgeous, while Pixar goes to the super rendered realism. I suppose making 2 movies at once probably makes everything cheaper as well, just like shooting 2 sequels at once is usually less expensive than shooting them separated. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

think outside the box my friend... Roided out Bill Hader as Batman. He could be intimidating in Barry when he wanted to be!

He’s so fucking good in Barry but considering how much he’s talked about his weak immune system affecting COVID protocols on that set then I think getting him on the Kumail diet would legitimately kill him lmfao

• Sad 1

Just now, FunkMiller said:

What they should be doing is to stop endlessly chasing the shared universe, and just make good solo, stand alone movies. We have a great Batman already, in a series that's already proved to be popular and successful. The Batman 2 will likely clear a billion.

I'm not sure about a billion but the first 'The Batman' could have gotten very close to it if they hadn't done the 45-day window/HBO Max thing.  

I wonder if The Penguin is a hit show if that will also help hype it up...  Regardless,  all these projects we are talking about are probably not coming out for another 5 years due to the writers strike. 

• Like 1

Frankly I don't think they should recast or incorporate Batman into some larger universe at all. It's confusing to people. Why do we have three Batmen? It has to be Pattinson. BTW if they start making live action Spidey movies with Holland, and Garfield, and Tobey, I'll say the same thing. They either need to be in same movie or just pick one. Audiences don't get it.

• Like 2

WB just need two keep making good films. Audiences will eventually come back but the once mighty foundation was wrecked by he who must not be named 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I guess Spidey animated movie is cheaper mainly because they embrace the unpolished look of many elements in scene as aesthetic, and it is indeed very creative and gorgeous, while Pixar goes to the super rendered realism.

Well then Disney needs to smarten up because I thought Elemental looked very meh in the trailers and Spiderverse was absolutely breathtaking in many scenes.  

The money Disney/Pixar spent... they could have just flushed it down the drain. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Gunn should try to get barbie poster boy Gosling for the Gunn Batman. He can brood. He can joke around. What more could you ask for!

This might not be the thread for it but I don't think 'Barbie' is going to do nearly as well as some people are thinking/expecting. 

• Like 1

DC's desire to have a multiverse like Marvel will forever and always destroy the critical factor of making good, coherent movies. The Nolan Batman movies were the biggest thing ever and yet DC wanted more. They got greedy.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Gunn should try to get barbie poster boy Gosling for the Gunn Batman. He can brood. He can joke around. What more could you ask for!

Maybe they want older Batman to contrast with Pattinson's young Batman, and it makes sense if the movie has the whole bat family. Maybe Cruise wasn't fellating The Flash for nothing....

• Astonished 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Maybe they want older Batman to contrast with Pattinson's young Batman, and it makes sense if the movie has the whole bat family. Maybe Cruise wasn't fellating The Flash for nothing....

Cruise would be a great Batman if we can install lifts into the Bat-Boots

• Haha 1