Eric is Anxious

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think what I find most crazy with The Flash is just how much WB seems to have miscalculated it. It's not getting good reception from audiences, its critical reception is mixed, the interest in it is low. All this and WB really thought they had a massive hit on their hands.

I’ve been thinking the same thing since the Ezra crime spree came to light last year: it’s not about they thinking they made a hit. It’s about how much insane money they threw at this in hopes that it would catch on. I think before James Gunn and Peter Safran came to the fold, maybe Hamada was eyeing the Muschiettis as the new "Snyders" of the DC Universe, if not the head of their DC Studios even.

The hints of my theory holding some merit are all around their cancelled plans: Batgirl was supposed to spring out of this film, with Keaton playing the role of Batman but more like a mentor. Supergirl was supposed to spin off from this too. Given that this ever happening is highly unlikely and that that Batgirl film was scrapped, it seems like this time they are course correcting before committing to yet another BvS scenario. Basically, they made the same mistake they did with BvS, but decided to course correct and got the right people to spearhead their projects in the future with Gunn and Safran at helm.

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

the Zazzer dodged a nuked by firing Hamada a year ago. 

Zaslav is a moron. But yeah firing Hamada and placing James Gunn and Pete Safran as the heads of DC Studios are two slam dunks back to back, imho. We would have a very different "DCEU" heading towards that would just bleed the DC brand even further. Giving birth to the DC Studios and allowing Gunn to envision the DCU’s future is his one saving grace move since he took over. That and the 90 days fiancée Universe.

31 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

To give you an idea that’s not about Marvel or superhero films in general: Ryan Gosling. Not a single superhero film, I do think he trashed them on some interviews before. Seems like a genuine good dude, talented actor too. I just don’t see why all the hype around Chalamet.

Ryan actually said he wants the role of Ghost Rider.

Edited by LVB

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Zaslav is a moron. But yeah firing Hamada and placing James Gunn and Pete Safran as the heads of DC Studios are two slam dunks back to back, imho. We would have a very different "DCEU" heading towards that would just bleed the DC brand even further. Giving birth to the DC Studios and allowing Gunn to envision the DCU’s future is his one saving grace move since he took over. That and the 90 days fiancée Universe.

I don't know why people are acting like this'll be the thing that finally gives us a decent DC cinematic universe, Gunn already seems like he's going to just be picking and choosing what carries over instead of full reboot so it's just going to keep failing. Looking at it the last DC movie to make >170mil Dom was Aquaman back in 2018

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I don't know why people are acting like this'll be the thing that finally gives us a decent DC cinematic universe, Gunn already seems like he's going to just be picking and choosing what carries over instead of full reboot so it's just going to keep failing. Looking at it the last DC movie to make >170mil Dom was Aquaman back in 2018

The only things he's keeping and choosing to keep are relegated to streaming shows so I very much doubt that's gonna have any impact on the box office. The existence of Waller will not do anything to Superman's box office. 

I mentioned Edward Scissorhands and now the ads on this site are showing me ads for tattoo parlors using his image tattooed on people...... it's concerning tbh

Also nearly 40 pages by 5PM friday pretty decent thread this week

Edited by Ledmonkey96

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

It’s really not that hard to follow. 

It might be for the general audiences sure, but I hope that Superman Legacy helps to clear this up, but I think I have a general understanding of what they are setting up after watching Gunn’s interview to Rosenbaum released earlier this week:

The Flash is the last film set in the old universe. With Aquaman 2 being uh, just there, delayed into oblivion. Gunn never said that Aquaman 2 isn’t part of the DCU, but that seems rather obvious to me.

Blue Beetle in the other hand, it’s set in the DCU, according with James Gunn.  Same for Peacemaker and Waller, with what it looked like a very definitive "No" for a new Suicide Squad film down the line, made by Gunn or anyone else . This way, the Suicide Squad team and arguably at very least The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker ‘happened’ in the new DCU, but since they are kinda disposable, the remaining characters in this new DCU are: Waller, Peacemaker and Blue Beetle. Since Blue Beetle’s trailer name drops Batman, it’s obvious that in this DCU, Batman already exists. Does Superman? We don’t know yet.

Think i guessed 9/16.5/18/15 the other day in the tracking thread after deadline gave their estimate  (out my ass mind you)

So if we go with that 16 now....

9.7/16/17.5/15.5 with a good chance at going lower sound decent? Well not decent for Flash but.....

3 hours ago, LVB said:

Kamala's existence can be explained through two minutes of exposition. It's not that deep.

but that needs to happen in the marketing, dont know if they'll remember to that

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Another big blow for theatrical movie going between these flops and when Netflix inevitably announces that 800 million people watched Extraction 2 over the weekend.

I want to watch Extraction 2. I will cancel my subscription there for the first time in what, 10 years. I was just waiting for Black Mirror to drop.