Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’m not talking about the movie itself, i’m talking about this idea that if someone made a bad movie they should lose future opportunities.

it’s not like anyone is saying “he shouldn’t make movies anymore” just “he shouldn’t make this specific movie that DC badly needs to be good.” Bit over dramatic darling.

• Like 1

That B Cinemascore is such a yikes. Horrific legs incoming.

Here is how it fares to other DCEU films:

Man of Steel - A-

BvS - B

Suicide Squad - B+

Wonder Woman - A

Justice League - B+

Aquaman - A-

Shazam! - A

Birds of Prey - B+

Wonder Woman 1984 - B+

The Suicide Squad - B+

Black Adam - B+

Shazam! Fury of the Gods - B+

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not because he’s loyal, because he made good movies before, movies that millions enjoyed. 

But to keep it short, yes he’s the director but no i don’t believe you can put this type of movies entirely on the shoulder of it’s director, especially for a movie that is so clearly a Frankenstein of a project. 

The MCU wild success is credited for it’s producer, Kevin Feige is the name of it all. So yes, even the failures i don’t like to pretend it’s something in full control of an auteur to judge it this way. And i do the same approach for DCEU.

And I'm not saying there is either, but with a failure of this magnitude, the director is absolutely someone that you can blame as well, especially because Muschietti has been extremely open in his interviews (yeah, I've watched pretty much all) about how the studio let him do almost anything he wanted. 
Even if he did good movies before (I frankly think he's only ever done 1 decent movie lmao), there are other directors out there that also make good movies (better movies than his) that didn't direct one of the biggest superhero film failures in recent history. He is not worth to keep.

Edited by 21C

Just now, ringedmortality said:

it’s not like anyone is saying “he shouldn’t make movies anymore” just “he shouldn’t make this specific movie that DC badly needs to be good.” Bit over dramatic darling.

Yes and you don’t know if the said specific movie will be bad just because Flash is, you’re just presuming, this is over dramatic. Openly saying you have a problem with Argentinians so people can pretend Andy is perceived as white on US is over dramatic. 

Saying that is wrong to think like a soulless executive when it comes to hire a director isn’t over dramatic.

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

That B Cinemascore is such a yikes. Horrific legs incoming.

Here is how it fares to other DCEU films:

Man of Steel - A-

BvS - B

Suicide Squad - B+

Wonder Woman - A

Justice League - B+

Aquaman - A-

Shazam! - A

Birds of Prey - B+

Wonder Woman 1984 - B+

The Suicide Squad - B+

Black Adam - B+

Shazam! Fury of the Gods - B+

That run of Cinemascores post-Shazam is grim

Also it’s dire that no DCEU film has grossed above $400M since they got their first $1B film in Aquaman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes and you don’t know if the said specific movie will be bad just because Flash is, you’re just presuming, this is over dramatic. Openly saying you have a problem with Argentinians so people can pretend Andy is perceived as white on US is over dramatic. 

Saying that is wrong to think like a soulless executive when it comes to hire a director isn’t over dramatic.

I wonder why  him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM  that features Batman as the forefront would be a bad idea after him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM that features Batman at the forefront that received a B Cinemascore and flopped hard at the box office.

Edited by 21C
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 21C said:

I wonder why  him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM  that features Batman as the forefront would be a bad idea after him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM that features Batman at the forefront that received a B Cinemascore. 

I know the solution then. Make it 100 million dollars instead.