Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

Just now, JustLurking said:

Yeah and guess what, on Killers of the Flower Moon's budget that's a pretty big loss! Without even considering the fact that it came out at a time where this kind of film across the board was considered more appealing on the big screen all across the board.

If leo was such big appeal Wolf of Wallstreet would have made more. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I guess if you went in with Morbius expectations... But, yeah, not like it's getting panned. Consensus is that it's generally well liked by both critics and, from early metrics, audiences as well. I'm not sure why you'd se the bar so low?

B

jjj-laugh.png

8 hours ago, Blankments said:

I have been saying for months since the trailer dropped that Michael Keaton returning as a video game action star in a big cinematic universe title completely misunderstands his appeal and the nostalgia that could be mined from that. Older audiences who love Keaton Batman have nothing in The Flash trailers thats looks appealing and people have been telling me for months that nostalgia would still prevail.

Feeling pretty vindicated rn at these numbers to say the least lol

totally spot on. From a nostalgia pov I’m patient zero for the Keaton’s Batman, but this did nothing for me. I don’t want to see him in a sea of cgi vomit.

Edited by Hatebox

So...
Let's say around 55 million opening weekend domestic.
75 million overseas.

55 x 2.3 legs= 126 million.
75 x 2.5 legs (trying to account for Asia really liking the film for some reason) = 187 million.

313 worldwide.

Jesus christ.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 21C said:

So...
Let's say around 55 million opening weekend domestic.
75 million overseas.

55 x 2.3 legs= 126 million.
75 x 2.5 legs (trying to account for Asia really liking the film for some reason) = 187 million.

313 worldwide.

Jesus christ.

This is probably optimstic at this point i think.

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

This is probably optimstic at this point i think.

Can't believe there's a genuine chance this movie might not even hit 300 jesus

• Like 1

Eternals and MoM are the reason why I'm now just a casual MCU fan and not a hardcore fan. Now I'll watch a MCU movie or any other CBM movie only if it gets a Cinemascore of As and won't spend my money on mid Bs CBM no matter how big the character is. I watched GOTG3 as it got an A Cinemascore.

19 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

A genuine question,  I get everyone praising The Flash to hype it up but why of all people Tom Cruise did it :rofl:

19 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They made an offer he couldn't refuse

If so, he sold himself cheap.  Should have bargained for 1-2 weeks more of IMAX.  

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

Eternals and MoM are the reason why I'm now just a casual MCU fan and not a hardcore fan. Now I'll watch a MCU movie or any other CBM movie only if it gets a Cinemascore of As and won't spend my money on mid Bs CBM no matter how big the character is. I watched GOTG3 as it got an A Cinemascore.

Same here, i didn't mind Eternals much but MOM just killed the hardcore MCU fan in me.

Infuriating beyond belief, i haven't seen such a collosal fuck up in cinema history.

Rated it 1/10

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

21 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

A genuine question,  I get everyone praising The Flash to hype it up but why of all people Tom Cruise did it :rofl:

His plan was setting Flash expectations high so it could be a bigger disappointment and that way, The Flash would be completely done by MI7 release.

• Astonished 1