Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

8 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

I'm very curious to how a non-pandemic Onward would have fared (and yes I know that it did very on streaming/digital when it dropped early). It had solid WOM (A- Cinemascore, 4.5/5 PostTrak and 4/5 from kids) but not on the same level as something like Elemental's WOM is at. But it also had the benefit of seemingly no competition so it could have been the default option for families.

We'll never truly know though.

The run that never were that I'm the most interested in is Wonder Woman 1984.

That had a lot of goodwill and hype to have potentially scored a record opening weekend for DC; the question is, just how toxic that WoM would have been had it released theatrically.

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's so weird that Lightyear did so horribly.

I don't think it's because of any LGBT content because Elemental has that too.

Making it an in-universe movie (that the toy in the Toy Story movies is based on) was a clever twist but ultimately a mistake. People didn't recognize the character they wanted to see.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's so weird that Lightyear did so horribly.

I don't think it's because of any LGBT content because Elemental has that too.

I'm sure the confusing/misleading marketing hurt it, but imo it was just one of the blandest and most disappointing films Pixar has ever made. And it's not like it didn't have some interesting ideas, it just didn't know what to do with them.

Also, I think animated sci-fi that tries too hard to be just like live-action sci-fi is just not clicking. It's why I think Elio might actually do well, that one seems like it can only be told in that medium.

I am very curious about Tuesday's numbers. I know we still had cheap Tuesday here in Canada but I don't know if they will in the US or not.

Muscle really curious to see what sound of freedoms numbers are.

3 minutes ago, screambaby said:

I don't get the concept of Lightyear at all.  Sorta lkke detective Pikachu. 

You have an iconic character and you turn him into something no one wants to see

Detective Pikachu at least far a game to use as inspiration, even if it probably wasn't the right move

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Twilight is a better movie series than Harry Potter

Some of these arguments makes me think of the scene in American werewolf In London where he's trying to get himself arrested

Out f respect for the late queen and new king I won't quote it...

• Haha 1