Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

A movie selling patriotism won number 1 at BO on ID is a big fitting headline, regardless how they spin and report the number. It got A+ cinemascore and 99% verified audience score. Yes, there could be some manipulation going on here but they got people attention. 

44 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth watching in theaters?

It's absolutely worth watching. Two of my friends traveled 50 km last night to go see it in theaters here in Toronto and they said it was really really good, eye opening and that you should bring some kleenex with you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I guess MD would have worked best, but I agree with choosing Mermaid for that bc it had more hit potential. So maybe they did know this was in trouble and hence Mermaid got the better date. But the Cannes thing suggests they were rather oblivious… 

The review embargo date was truly absurd without being very sure this was a real winner. 

Yep. ViewerAnon said Disney was very confident in DoD which fits with the early Cannes premiere. As for release date I would have either swapped it with Little Mermaid or try to grab the Christmas date before anything else 

49 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Yea, it is holding on much better than expected. Beating FAST X, FLASH and INDY domestically.

Kinda early to have it beating indy domestically 

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yep. ViewerAnon said Disney was very confident in DoD which fits with the early Cannes premiere. As for release date I would have either swapped it with Little Mermaid or try to grab the Christmas date before anything else 

Feige was confident Eternals would win Best Picture, Zaslav was confident that The Flash was going to be the best DCEU movie. CEOs can be very wrong. 

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's absolutely worth watching. Two of my friends traveled 50 km last night to go see it in theaters here in Toronto and they said it was really really good, eye opening and that you should bring some kleenex with you.

That's great to hear.

The fantastic imdb and RT score say the same, this seems to be a pretty good movie.

Can't wait to see it here in Germany.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric Bunny said:

So I'm mad confuse at this "Pay it Forward" stuff. Does this mean 2.68M of the numbers was artificially inflated? Because that's stupid.

Not at all. It means people have bought tickets for those who can't afford tickets and then they give them away. I don't know how the pay it forward scenario is calculated, maybe ask @TwoMisfits. She is seeing it on the pay it forward scenario. But make no mistake about it all these tickets were purchased so there's nothing artificial about it

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

What are the chances of Sound Of Freedom taking the top spot this weekend?

I would say pretty slim. If it's making this kind of money in $2,600 theaters I don't think it's going to have a 3-day weekend north of 25 million and that's kind of where I see Indy coming in at.

But who knows right? Right now it's the target audience that's seeing this and the people that they have marketed it too. Once this unknown phenom gets out there and people start reading reviews maybe it takes off and I guess the sky is the limit so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

Time to bring back some BOT classics.

Gravity isn’t sci-fi.

Jurassic World is crumbling.

John-C-Nah.

Parking lots.

Shirtless pics for Asgard.

Take your pick…

Ah the good old days. Miss the times when Rth would post comic book covers for us to guess the numbers, that was always fun to guess and even more to get it right.

• Heart 2