Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

1 minute ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Doesn't look low to me. Seems pretty on target based on tracking thread data. 

If tracking projects a movie to mega-bomb weeks in advance, is it still an under-performer if it reaches those numbers?

Definitely a yikes considering it's budget, though when compared to other older skewing franchises it should frankly be a warning to not spend like $300 million on them more then anything. Thinking the final number is more around $6.3.-6.5M depending on how things turn out.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

$7M would be just sad

That would pretty much lock under $50M right? 

Depends on multipliers but it would be a possibility. Still don't think it will be that low frankly but prep for the worst, hope for the best, stay for memes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

$7M would be just sad

That would pretty much lock under $50M right? 

Just when we all thought The Flash would be the biggest flop of the year, Indy is like "Hold my beer".

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

If tracking projects a movie to mega-bomb weeks in advance, is it still an under-performer if it reaches those numbers?

Under performed expectations for sure but that's because everyone's expectations were incorrect, mine included. I think too many people saw what Top Gun did and just ran with 80's nostalgia + major IP + summer = big box office. 

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Just when we all thought The Flash would be the biggest flop of the year, Indy is like "Hold my beer".

Yeah I mean even on the relative low end Indy will make like 40-50 million more domestically than the Flash, which was billed for years as the movie to end all superhero movies that you would get character assasinated online if you doubted. I do not care about their "budgets" - those numbers are unreliable and Hollywood accounting bullshit even on a good day, and anyway who cares. The Flash did worse relative to expectations than Indy pretty much no matter what at this rate.